TPG the band: Is our approach correct or should we do something else?

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Third Person Groove
Diet: Vegan

TPG the band: Is our approach correct or should we do something else?

Post by Third Person Groove »

Hi everyone!!
Third person groove is our band name. With storytelling in songs and tasty vegan food we will captivate our audience then inspire them.

Our main focus is doing house shows where we show up in a van, cook good vegan food, and play music.

We also have projects like

-Our first album

-a concept story album

-Our upcoming Youtube video series will debunk the anti vegan messages out there with music, stories, and facts. We will also have a segment called "comment to song", where the audience comments anything and we put it into a story for a song.

-Our first gig is at a college student center for sustainability week. This fits us well! For one topic we cover is reducing our carbon and water footprints with more conscious daily life choices.
Things like lowering water usage, not driving as much, reducing or eliminating all unnecessary uses of electricity, recycling, and community efforts for large scale changes.

-House show tours around the mid west.
Our goals for 2018 and 2019 are...

-Inspire a majority of the Columbia MOs student population to go vegan.

-Inspire dining halls to work with the transitioning students.

- We will be a middle man for vegan businesses and new vegans. during the new vegan transition phase we will help make it easier and more fun. We are here to educate the ignorant about veganism and other causes as much as possible. We will educate people on how we can all make a difference by simple life style changes. Things like clothes, food, cosmetics, pet food, what we spend money and time on and the consequences it brings.

So what do you guys think are we in the right place? Is this the right approach?
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Re: TPG the band: Is our approach correct or should we do something else?

Post by PsYcHo »

Third Person Groove wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:27 pm So what do you guys think are we in the right place? Is this the right approach?
Sounds like a good approach to me. You seem to take a positive approach to the issues, and I believe that's by far the most effective way.

Welcome aboard!
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Third Person Groove wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:27 pm -Inspire a majority of the Columbia MOs student population to go vegan.
That may or may not be possible, but I don't think you'd be investing your energy wisely doing that. There's low hanging fruit everywhere; better to pick more broadly from the easy converts (and win more overall) than to focus on picking the higher fruit from one tree.

If you can achieve 10% that would be a good goal. Even 5% would be impressive and would ensure that everybody knows a few vegans there.
Third Person Groove wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:27 pm-Inspire dining halls to work with the transitioning students.
That's much more achievable and has a huge impact. If a dining hall provides delicious and satiating vegan options, more students will convert just for that because it made it easier. I'd focus on that first.

Maybe even convince them to do a Meatless Monday.
The whole school meatless one day a week is bigger than 10% going vegan.

I think you should stay laser focused on a couple simple local goals, and otherwise work on reaching a larger audience with your music.

Do you have anything online we can listen to?
Third Person Groove

Post by Third Person Groove »

Luckily I work at one of there biggest dining halls. My boss is very willing to work with any ideas also.

I agree with going after the low hanging fruit all around. Also we were focusing on students being our target audience but maybe now we should focus on all the " low hanging fruit " we just have to find out where other potential vegans might be.

We live stream music once a week. Our next live stream is this Thursday night.

We also have our first gig coming up on 4/9 which will be live streamed.

Also the first episode for the TPG YouTube series will be uploaded by 4/30

I could send you our website :)

Were
Always open to feedback!