Hi from Melbourne, Australia!

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
FairGo
Diet: Vegan

Hi from Melbourne, Australia!

Post by FairGo »

Hi everyone!

I'm new to both veganism and philosophy and always keen to learn more about both (and most other things, too)

I went 'cold turkey' a few months ago and I lost my appetite for most things quite quickly, but I still miss cheese/cheesy things like crazy! Any and all suggestions would be much appreciated.

I don't yet know enough about philosophy to take an informed stance, but from the (admittedly very little) I have read, I'd say I subscribe to moral consequentialism. Again, very open to discuss/be educated :)

I owe a lot of my clarity on my reasons for becoming vegan to UnnaturalVegan. She's super cool.

Looking forward to learning more!
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Re: Hi from Melbourne, Australia!

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome FairGo, I hope you like it here!
Please don't hesitate to jump into threads or start a new topic if you have any ideas for discussion.
Canastenard

Post by Canastenard »

Hello and welcome FairGo! :P
If you miss cheese, then I might advise you cashew-based fermented cheese. It really tastes like a creamy dairy camembert! I don't eat it often though, becuase it's expensive.
Appeal to nature: the strange belief that what is perceived as "natural" is necessarily safer, more effective or morally superior compared to what isn't.
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo »

Hello!

You're a long way across the pond from me, but they do have some decent Vegan cheeses. (My weakness as well.) It's not in the dairy section, but a lot of markets carry it. My local store has the Vegan meat/cheese section by the bakery/ the opposite side of the store from the traditional meat and cheese.

Welcome aboard!
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.