Hi everyone, vegan from Italy!

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Appiaclaudia
Diet: Vegan

Hi everyone, vegan from Italy!

Post by Appiaclaudia »

Hello! My name is Manuela, I’m 24 and I live in Tuscany, not far from Florence. Being vegan in my country it’s not a walk in the park! Aside from the prejudice and the attachment to tradiotions/habits, it is difficult from a pragmatic point of view: not a lot of restaurants, hard to have breakfast in a café and almost impossible to order a dessert :( But I don’t dream of going back :) I am also a philosophy student so I thought this was the forum for me ❤️
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Re: Hi everyone, vegan from Italy!

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome Manuela! I hope you like it here. What inspired you to go vegan?
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

Ciao Manuela! Sono americana, ma studio italiano nella scuola. Non parlo italiano molto bene, ma mi piace parlare italiano. :lol:
Spero che (sì, ho bisogno imparare il congiuntivo, ma non lo so che parlo il congiuntivo correttamente) il forum sia divertente per tu. Ho una domanda - Come hai trovato questo forum?

Sì, è difficile essere vegana in Italia. Molto cibo italiano ha i prodotti animali, come il formaggio. :( È sfortunata.

Ho sentito che i genitori con i bambini vegani hanno i problemi con il governo. È un problema grande?
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo »

If I could only choose one country to visit in Europe, it would be Italy. I only know it from films and books, but to see the old ruins and even tour the churches just for their architecture, see the works of the many great artists there, that would be sublime.

It's sad that they are not more accommodating of Vegans there.

But Vegans are certainly welcome here, so

Welcome!
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.