Hi guys!

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Roman0vmarisa
Diet: Vegan

Hi guys!

Post by Roman0vmarisa »

I’m Marisa from PA- brought here by Lay Vegan, he’s a good friend of mine. I watched Unnatural Vegan years ago before I went vegan. (Vegetarian at 9, so at this point in college I was really wanting to learn about being vegan). I admit that I stopped watching her but started again because of the headache and nonsense I see among a lot of vegans 😂

Glad to be here!
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Re: Hi guys!

Post by PsYcHo »

Welcome aboard!

Going Vegetarian at such a young age can be hard. Several of our members who did so had a lot of conflict with their families about it. How did your family take it? (if you don't mind me asking)
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.
Roman0vmarisa

Post by Roman0vmarisa »

I know many people who have also had conflict as well! Fortunately, my parents and family were really supportive (always made sure there was vegetarian food at holidays, parties, dinners, etc., never made jokes, didn’t ask silly questions). So when I did go vegan there wasn’t much of a shock. I can only hope more people have similar experiences.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome Marisa! We're glad to have you, it's good to hear your family was so supportive.

What made you quit watching UV and then start again? Any specific videos or dramas? Just curious.
Roman0vmarisa

Post by Roman0vmarisa »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:26 pm Welcome Marisa! We're glad to have you, it's good to hear your family was so supportive.

What made you quit watching UV and then start again? Any specific videos or dramas? Just curious.
Hi! Thanks :) I remember watching UV when she made videos about her raw fruit diet/super high carb low fat, to which later I became fascinated with (with Freelee's help also). So when UV finally stopped and went against it, I thought she was crazy; I didn't like it at all. I finally realized that all of that was ridiculous and then also realized that UV wasn't the crazy one- I was :lol: I got so frustrated with the vegan community in general that I stopped watching vegan Youtuber's for a while, also with the help of traveling and not watching Youtube in general. I love watching UV and I can't believe the misinformation so many vegans spread and how crazy many of them make us look as a whole. I'm so glad she calls them out.
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo »

Roman0vmarisa wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:54 pm I remember watching UV when she made videos about her raw fruit diet/super high carb low fat, to which later I became fascinated with (with Freelee's help also).
Freelee and Durian gave me such a negative impression of Veganism! Durian especially. ( he seems like the type to yell at a small child for not agreeing with everything he says...) I really liked many of UV vids. I was glad when they became a friend of the forum.

I wonder what Freelee will do if the banana apocalypse happens? https://www.snopes.com/food/warnings/bananas.asp
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.
Roman0vmarisa

Post by Roman0vmarisa »

PsYcHo wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:08 pm
Roman0vmarisa wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:54 pm I remember watching UV when she made videos about her raw fruit diet/super high carb low fat, to which later I became fascinated with (with Freelee's help also).
Freelee and Durian gave me such a negative impression of Veganism! Durian especially. ( he seems like the type to yell at a small child for not agreeing with everything he says...) I really liked many of UV vids. I was glad when they became a friend of the forum.

I wonder what Freelee will do if the banana apocalypse happens? https://www.snopes.com/food/warnings/bananas.asp
I honestly think a lot of people feel that way towards them! Funny thing is- Freelee actually convinced me to go vegan, although I really, really don't agree with her on most things anymore and I don't appreciate her "nutrition" advice she likes to give out. Interestingly enough, she has totally changed the direction of her channel in the past 2ish months and I don't even think she focuses on food or her bananas anymore! Mostly minimalism and all things related. I am actually really happy about that.