Human animal checking in

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
raja
Diet: Vegan

Human animal checking in

Post by raja »

Hi,

I'm a human animal, capable of suffering, just like my non-human animal brethren. Went vegan about 8 months ago, after I realized the simple fact that the suffering of animals for our needs is unjustifiable.

Found this link through the youtube channel Unnatural Vegan and seems like a place which is intelligent and fun. I'm mostly here to lurk but hopefully will hang out more in the threads as time passes.

Have a good day everyone.

Regards,
Raja
raja

Re: Human animal checking in

Post by raja »

Oh by the way, I'm from India, although living in Europe now. Lots of love to Indian vegans. <3 <3
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome Raja, great intro!
I hope you like it here.

How does where you're living in Europe compare to India in terms of vegan options?
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

Hey raja, welcome!
Yeah, how is Europe? Which country in particular (if you're willing to tell, no necessity)?
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
raja

Post by raja »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:53 pm Welcome Raja, great intro!
I hope you like it here.

How does where you're living in Europe compare to India in terms of vegan options?
Hi brimstoneSalad,

Thanks!

I live in the Netherlands it's not problem at all, since I cook most of the food that I eat. I eat mostly rice and curry. I make all the curries myself, with fresh vegetables bought at Turkish stores and spices I got for myself from India. Options diminish only when you want to grab some street food or a light snack (but I make do with fries and falafel).
raja

Post by raja »

Red wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:57 am Hey raja, welcome!
Yeah, how is Europe? Which country in particular (if you're willing to tell, no necessity)?
Hi Red,

Europe is great although a bit cold. I'm in the Netherlands (no problem revealing it I think).
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo »

raja wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:50 am Oh by the way, I'm from India, although living in Europe now. Lots of love to Indian vegans. <3 <3
Nice to meet you Raja! I recently moved from a constantly warm location to a much colder location. I'm slowly adapting to the winters, but I must admit I love the summers. (I find it hilarious when people complain about how hot it is. It's 80 degrees outside! I'm still wearing my jacket. :lol: )
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.