Vegan from Oklahoma

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
jomama12341
Diet: Vegan

Vegan from Oklahoma

Post by jomama12341 »

Hello I am a new 37 year old Vegan from Oklahoma.I eat about 70% raw food and make my own juice with breakfast.Honestly if you asked me 4 months ago if I would consider going Vegan I would half laughed at you.
So what changed?

2017 was very busy for me. My grandma barley missed having a fatal heart attack.My father had a stroke .My fathers brother also died combination of several strokes,degeneration fro last year from a combination of Diabetes, and heart attacks the autopsy said heart attack.My father in law has been sick and they discovered he vant,digest meat it just sits,in his stomach and rots. All of this made me think of my health and I watched Forks Over Knifes,Sick Fat and Nearly Dead,and the real eye opener Vegucated. Well as of Dec 2017 I went Vegan ...no slip ups.

After 3 weeks I feel great lots of energy detox is over and I am really getting a variety of different types of foods. I even use my juicer pulp and started making dog food out of it.Before this I was horible. I used to do a 1 month meat cheese only diet each year to loose weight. When I wasnt on my diet 70%-80% of my diet was meat. Yah you heard right I was a regular Canivaursauras Rex. I wish I would have adopted this way of living years ago but we all need something to open our eyes.

I plan on being active and hopefully have a lot of fun both in my new life style and on the forums.
Chears
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: Vegan from Oklahoma

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome, that's quite a dramatic shift. Congratulations on going vegan!

How do you make dog food from juice pulp?