Hello from Prague.

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Canastenard
Diet: Vegan

Re: Hello from Prague.

Post by Canastenard »

Hello! ;)

By beans do you refer to all legumes or only to those commonly refered as "beans"? Can you eat lentils for example? I'm asking because legumes are the more convenient ways for vegans to get their needs in the amino acid lysine, which is present in lesser amount in other plant food. If you can't eat any legume then you might need to eat a higher amount of plant food to get adequate lysine, and eat some specific non-legume food that also happens to have more lysine that average plant food, like quinoa and amaranth. I guess you may also benefit from a lysine supplement to make your meal plannings more convenient.

If you can't eat nuts, you must still include healthy plant fats into your diet, especially omega 3s (ALA). I suggest you hemp seeds and canola oil for their balanced fat content and good polyunsaturated fats ratios.

However I'm not a dietician, so I suggest you to discuss it better with a dietician with experience in vegan diets.

And to have an avatar: click on your username at the top right of the page (below search bar) => User Control Panel =>Profile => Edit avatar
Appeal to nature: the strange belief that what is perceived as "natural" is necessarily safer, more effective or morally superior compared to what isn't.
Raniya15

Post by Raniya15 »

Canastenard wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:45 am Hello! ;)

By beans do you refer to all legumes or only to those commonly refered as "beans"? Can you eat lentils for example? I'm asking because legumes are the more convenient ways for vegans to get their needs in the amino acid lysine, which is present in lesser amount in other plant food. If you can't eat any legume then you might need to eat a higher amount of plant food to get adequate lysine, and eat some specific non-legume food that also happens to have more lysine that average plant food, like quinoa and amaranth. I guess you may also benefit from a lysine supplement to make your meal plannings more convenient.

If you can't eat nuts, you must still include healthy plant fats into your diet, especially omega 3s (ALA). I suggest you hemp seeds and canola oil for their balanced fat content and good polyunsaturated fats ratios.

However I'm not a dietician, so I suggest you to discuss it better with a dietician with experience in vegan diets.

And to have an avatar: click on your username at the top right of the page (below search bar) => User Control Panel =>Profile => Edit avatar
Hello:),
hm, I will try lentils, it is good idea, I thought, it is bean too....Of course I eat hemp seeds:), every day. Thank you very much for your advices, for me it is very important, in this week I will cook something with lentils:). Thank you!
Canastenard

Post by Canastenard »

Raniya15 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:48 am Hello:),
hm, I will try lentils, it is good idea, I thought, it is bean too....Of course I eat hemp seeds:), every day. Thank you very much for your advices, for me it is very important, in this week I will cook something with lentils:). Thank you!
It sounds like you're not sure whether lentils are safe to eat or not. I don't know how severe your bean allergy is, but I don't feel like advising you to test them yourself, especially if you your allergic reactions to beans are severe. If you want to introduce lentils to your diet but are not sure whether your body is tolerant to them I think the safest thing to do is to ask a doctor to test for it in medical conditions.
Appeal to nature: the strange belief that what is perceived as "natural" is necessarily safer, more effective or morally superior compared to what isn't.
Raniya15

Post by Raniya15 »

Canastenard wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:30 pm
Raniya15 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:48 am Hello:),
It sounds like you're not sure whether lentils are safe to eat or not. I don't know how severe your bean allergy is, but I don't feel like advising you to test them yourself, especially if you your allergic reactions to beans are severe. If you want to introduce lentils to your diet but are not sure whether your body is tolerant to them I think the safest thing to do is to ask a doctor to test for it in medical conditions.
I will try, because I know how I have allergie to beans, it is not danger, I only have a problem in stomach when I eat beans, like a strong flatulance ( sorry, if it is not decency word), and allergie on skin a little bit, I wil try a little bit lentils:)
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Raniya15 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:03 am I have allergie to beans and nuts :(((((, do you know how to not have allergie?
It's possible to get rid of an allergy, but it takes some time and a lot of effort and it doesn't always work. You don't have to eat nuts and beans, though. There are alternatives.

Are you allergic to all nuts and legumes, or some?

Seeds are also good, such as sunflower seed, sesame seed, pumpkin seed, flax seed, and hemp seed. The main thing you need from nuts is healthy plant fat, and you can get that from seeds too.

Make sure you eat Omega-3 seeds, such as flax and hemp. Those can give you Omega 3 fats.

The main special thing you need from beans is lysine.
You can also get that from watermelon. However beans have more lysine in them than watermelon, so you will need to eat a few servings.

Can you eat mushrooms?

Whole grains such as whole wheat or oats, or quinoa can give you protein.
Green vegetables can also give you protein.

I recommend you sign up to a nutrition tracking site like cronometer to help you find which nutrient you are low in so we can recommend some foods:
http://cronometer.com
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Raniya15 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:48 amOf course I eat hemp seeds:), every day.
That's great, hemp seeds can supply omega 3 and some protein, so it's a good choice.
How much do you eat each day (how many grams)?
Raniya15 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:18 pm I will try, because I know how I have allergie to beans, it is not danger, I only have a problem in stomach when I eat beans, like a strong flatulance ( sorry, if it is not decency word), and allergie on skin a little bit, I wil try a little bit lentils:)
If the main problem is gas, then soaking them, rinsing them, and cooking them longer can help with that. But skin reaction may be a true allergy, so please be careful about that.

Starting with a smaller amount may be safer.
Raniya15

Post by Raniya15 »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:28 pm
Raniya15 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:03 am I have allergie to beans and nuts :(((((, do you know how to not have allergie?
It's possible to get rid of an allergy, but it takes some time and a lot of effort and it doesn't always work. You don't have to eat nuts and beans, though. There are alternatives.

Are you allergic to all nuts and legumes, or some?

Seeds are also good, such as sunflower seed, sesame seed, pumpkin seed, flax seed, and hemp seed. The main thing you need from nuts is healthy plant fat, and you can get that from seeds too.

Make sure you eat Omega-3 seeds, such as flax and hemp. Those can give you Omega 3 fats.

The main special thing you need from beans is lysine.
You can also get that from watermelon. However beans have more lysine in them than watermelon, so you will need to eat a few servings.

Can you eat mushrooms?

Whole grains such as whole wheat or oats, or quinoa can give you protein.
Green vegetables can also give you protein.

I recommend you sign up to a nutrition tracking site like cronometer to help you find which nutrient you are low in so we can recommend some foods:
http://cronometer.com
I have allergie to all nuts:(. Are you vegan long time? Looks like yes:). If you can, could you write me how did you begin to be vegan, and your vegan way, how it is look like?
My vegan way it is, I met raw vegan, he told me his storie, it was very interesting, then I met vegan family, and I wasnt looking for them, they found me. And I found a lot of videos what I have to eat. And I get info, that I have to eat 1200 calories for my weigh. I dont know how much I eat calories in day, I eat when I want, I think it is not normal every day to count calories, it is not naturel, is'nt it? Thank you very much for link, now I will use it :)
Raniya15

Post by Raniya15 »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:32 pm
Raniya15 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:48 amOf course I eat hemp seeds:), every day.
That's great, hemp seeds can supply omega 3 and some protein, so it's a good choice.
How much do you eat each day (how many grams)?
Raniya15 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:18 pm I will try, because I know how I have allergie to beans, it is not danger, I only have a problem in stomach when I eat beans, like a strong flatulance ( sorry, if it is not decency word), and allergie on skin a little bit, I wil try a little bit lentils:)
If the main problem is gas, then soaking them, rinsing them, and cooking them longer can help with that. But skin reaction may be a true allergy, so please be careful about that.

Starting with a smaller amount may be safer.
gram of hemp seeds? I eat them a lot, I dont know, 2 tablespoon, sometimes more.
Every mornig I eat oatmeal, fruits, or buckweat and fruits, banana, everyday some fruits, today I eat tomato-garlic soup with buckweat, rice, and then banana, and then salat. Thats all.
And i eat everyday germinated green buckwheat, sauerkraut without salt. What do you think about this, are they healthy?
Canastenard

Post by Canastenard »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:28 pm The main special thing you need from beans is lysine.
Are you sure advising watermelon as a lysine source is a good idea? It seems to have a high lysine ratio compared to most plant foods, but like most fruit it contains so little overall protein it's not a great source of lysine after all. Even white rice according to cronometer containst twice as much overall lysine compared to watermelon. And I'm pretty sure watermelon isn't available in all seasons.

Curiously it's the reverse situation from seitan: it has a low lysine ratio like most plant proteins, but is so rich in overall protein that it becomes a reliable source of lysine by brute force.
Raniya15

Post by Raniya15 »

Canastenard wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:25 pm
brimstoneSalad wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:28 pm The main special thing you need from beans is lysine.
Are you sure advising watermelon as a lysine source is a good idea? It seems to have a high lysine ratio compared to most plant foods, but like most fruit it contains so little overall protein it's not a great source of lysine after all. Even white rice according to cronometer containst twice as much overall lysine compared to watermelon. And I'm pretty sure watermelon isn't available in all seasons.

Curiously it's the reverse situation from seitan: it has a low lysine ratio like most plant proteins, but is so rich in overall protein that it becomes a reliable source of lysine by brute force.
I am vegan 12 days, vegetarian for 2 month and I yesterday catch a cold:(, but everywhere information that when you begin to be vegan you dont catch a cold. I supposed to be not good vegan, I do some mistakes, examle I dont have lysine... Or it is normal in the beginning catch a cold?