Omni and a hunter hello?

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: Omni and a hunter hello?

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Thanks PsYcHo, I think it's probably a lost cause, but I hope he'll read your comment and take your advice.
bigbossomni wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:45 am i want to block them because they are children and the evidence is abundant they are intolerant bigots. This forum is simply a platform for them to insult others different than them and to stroke their fragile egos.
Well, if you're not going to engage with discussion on this point and you're just going to continue to wine about this and drag it around the forum there's nothing else to it. This isn't a place to lecture people on how much of a martyr you are and proceed to ignore what everybody is actually saying to you.

You didn't start out hated here, you earned that NOT by being non-vegan or being a hunter or anything else like that, but by being a bitter crybaby.

I suggest, if you want to start over, that you sign up with a NEW and different username so nobody knows who you are, then you won't have to worry about being persecuted. Fresh start. Just try to be less of an asshole next time. We won't hate you for not being vegan or hunting, we'll respect you as long as you behave like an adult.

Again, the reason people don't like you is because you wine about how everybody hates you and spit venom at every turn. The bitter persecution complex is not a good look.
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo »

bigbossomni wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:45 am i want to block them because they are children and the evidence is abundant they are intolerant bigots. This forum is simply a platform for them to insult others different than them and to stroke their fragile egos.
I would disagree. I've been here a few years, and they both not only tolerate me, but often join in my debates. But like I've said, we often disagree. Sometimes quite forcefully, but we leave all disagreement on the thread that they began on.

If you want to block people because their words are so detrimental to you, maybe a debate forum isn't the right place for you. Being able to deal with people who you disagree with in at least a semi-respectful manner is a test of adulthood.

You can either choose to accept that if you want to debate here, Jebus and BrimstoneSalad may join in the conversation, or you can choose to not debate here.

Both of them have utterly attacked my position on a subject, yet both of them have also agreed with my position on a subject.

It's a debate forum. Safe spaces where people can't say hurtful things don't exist on the internet. (Maybe on Huffpo, or dancinghamster.com)
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:56 pm Thanks PsYcHo, I think it's probably a lost cause, but I hope he'll read your comment and take your advice.
I figured as much, and before I realized there was a third page I posted a reply.

I like trying to help almost certain lost causes at times (for reasons), but maybe someone else reading this could learn from it, if not the person we're trying to address.
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.
Roman0vmarisa
Diet: Vegan

Post by Roman0vmarisa »

Welcome! I am SUPER new to this forum/ vegan for a little while now. I have loved animals all my life since i went vegetarian at 9 and I can’t imagine ever wanting to hurt an animal... But like somone mentioned, hunting your own food is absolutely more ethical; however, overall it’s unnecessary. I just can’t imagine ending an innocent life because I want to eat their body- to me it makes no sense and now more than ever, here are so many alternatives. (Yes, some alternatives are shitty but try something like the beyond burger if you can). Hopefully you find this forum helpful and yes- most people say they’ll never be vegan and actually go vegan ;)

Question- would you ever consider not hunting and eating meat for cultured meat when the time comes? Eggs/milk/etc.
http://www.new-harvest.org/