hello there!

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
sykkelmannen
Diet: Freegan

hello there!

Post by sykkelmannen »

Hello there!

the philosophy in the forum name attracted me to register. I would like to start by explaining my diet choice which is no other than freegan. I am disappointed it's not included in the options because it's a great one :)

I always thought the smalltalk about where one is from, how old, what job etc quite unnecessary. I join you to be counted. To encourage every single one of you vegans out there that the choice you've made is a noble and a commendable one. I come to encourage activism on grassroots level. We are many and we can achieve great things in short time.

I also come to challenge your beliefs and prompt you to critical thinking. This shouldn't be very hard for people who have joined this forum I hope :)
Jebus
Master of the Forum
Diet: Vegan

Re: hello there!

Post by Jebus »

Glad you signed up. Freegans are more than welcome here. I would love to know how you acquire your food.
sykkelmannen wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:33 amI always thought the smalltalk about where one is from, how old, what job etc quite unnecessary.
Not necessary. Your username makes both your home country and favorite hobby apparent.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
sykkelmannen

Post by sykkelmannen »

Hi Jebus, glad you asked. It's very simple. I visit the dumpsters in the back of a big supermarket chain, and I have some "partners" in privately owned restaurants and food joints where they don't mind giving away the leftovers, trashing being the only other option (vegetarian and vegan restaurants are my favorites). Guilt-free cheese and eggs too are no doubt available anywhere in the "first world" tho. It's just a matter of common sense, along with shedding those "what would people think and say of me" worries to tap into these vast and wasted resources. I eat better than most people and doing it at zero food budget.

Eventually I'm gonna go full vegan as the entire world moves in that direction, but I would like to recommend freeganism as a morally clean transition to anyone who can't seem to be successful at quitting meat, cheese etc.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome sykkelmannen, I set your diet to freegan for you & added it to the options for others.

What originally inspired you to go freegan?
sykkelmannen

Post by sykkelmannen »

Wow nice touch brimstoneSalad, thanks!

Now you got me. I don't think I have a clearcut answer. Somehow I was always appalled by the waste we humans create. Wasting food in particular. I was raised in a belief that it is OK and even desirable to finish the plate after another family member if they truly couldn't do it alone. Also I was always very aware of financial limits and how much of my time I had to work to afford this and that; a prudent spender. Ended up serving as a financial reserve to my own parents at an early age lol :) Maybe I should say that what inspired me most to go freegan was discovering that it is actually possible!

To sum up tho: why I stick to freeganism today is because it makes a world of sense to me. Reducing the waste and saving the resources. And believe you me, with the current levels of waste and overproduction, there are lots of free seats on the freegan train. Join me ;)
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo »

Welcome aboard!
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.