Howdy from Nashville, TN

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Scorptress

Howdy from Nashville, TN

Post by Scorptress »

I just joined this forum, moments ago. I switched to a plant based diet about 3 years ago, after learning about the horrifying treatment of dairy cows and animals raised for consumption. I knew no one else who was vegan and had no idea how to cook or what to eat, so my journey has been one of strenuous research and trial-n-error... That sure did teach me a lot about diet, health, and what's actually in everything I eat, though. Wow!
I still find myself horrified, with the things I'm continuously learning, about the food we eat and the corruption within the industries supposedly responsible for ensuring our food is safe.
I still don't know many vegans and find myself so discouraged by how most people don't seem to care.
- at least not If it means they actually have to do something inconvenient for them or make any sacrifices ....
So, I'm hoping this forum will connect me with others who share my compassion for all life and help me restore my faith in humanity.
I hope that wasn't too deep for an intro.. Ha. It's my truth, though.
✌️❤️🐾
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: Howdy from Nashville, TN

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome Scorptress, I hope you like it here!

Did anything in particular set off your realization (documentary, youtube video)?
Scorptress

Post by Scorptress »

My massage instructor made me do a research paper on cheese. One discovery led to another....
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Scorptress wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:18 pm My massage instructor made me do a research paper on cheese. One discovery led to another....
I've seen people come from doing research papers for school before, that's great!
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

Welcome Scorptress, Is veganism gaining any traction in the American south or is still way behind the rest of the U.S. (and world)?
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo »

Well Madam,

I am much obliged to meet a fellow southerner upon the Forum, and do tip my hat to you. :)

I have some family in Nashville so I visit there a bit. You can find some Vegan friendly restaurants, but it takes a bit of work. (It boggles my mind that as much as the south loves Mexican food, they have hardly any Indian food; which is much easier to eat Vegetarian/Vegan! And tastes better!!)

Nice to meet you, and welcome aboard!
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.