Hello from Olathe Kansas

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
tina.ye001
Diet: Vegetarian

Hello from Olathe Kansas

Post by tina.ye001 »

Hi Everyone,
I am Tina. Recently I have become a vegetarian. It is too difficult for me because I am already in love with vegetables. The reason that triggered me to become a vegetarian is the immorality of eating animals. I am sure everybody here is fully aware of what I am thinking. However, I cannot become a fully vegan because I still have to consume cheese, egg, and milk from time to time. My host family eats meat and loves milk, cheese, and eggs. They cook mainly meat and so...I felt bad not eating their food. My host mom knows that I don't eat meat anymore but she does not know about cheese and milk and egg. When she makes a special dish, without meat but contains dairy products, for me, I feel obliged to eat it. Therefore, when I graduate from my high school and live alone, I will be a vegan. Right now I am about eighty percent vegan. I stopped using cosmetics that contain animal products or wearing clothes that have animal products. I feel great. My body has never been this energetic before.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: Hello from Olathe Kansas

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome Tina! You're doing great. Not everybody has the ability to go vegan at home, and if you risk offending your hosts it's pretty understandable. Are you an exchange student?
Jebus
Master of the Forum
Diet: Vegan

Re: Hello from Olathe Kansas

Post by Jebus »

Hi Tina. Are your host parents educated and receptive? How do you think they would react if you showed them a video that explains the cruelty of the dairy industry, such as this one:?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YTNXbexCYA&t=
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.