Greetings from Washington State

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
rizumu
Diet: Vegan

Greetings from Washington State

Post by rizumu »

Hello all! I found this forum through the "critique" of a certain YouTuber and it sounded like a cool place!

I live in Washington State in the Pacific Northwest. I originally hail from Northern California. I've been vegan for 2.5 years. Before that I was a vegetarian for over 7 years.

Basically I like all things vegan and just like discussing it in all its nuances, so I'm glad to be here.

Little bit about me:
I work in healthcare. I want to be a physician assistant, help people, and to be able to support vegan causes. I like running. I like cats and music. Coffee is life. My utopia involves coffee shops filled with all vegan pastries. I like reading - science fiction/fantasy the most. I'm an atheist, raised Catholic. Love Dawkins! Skeptically minded. I try to temper my own bias (especially when looking at health claims given my desired occupation), look at all sides, and be my own devil's advocate.

I'm a very non-confrontational, agreeable person so I don't find myself preaching or getting into arguments too often, but I like to hone my reasoning for when I do discuss veganism with others (who typically don't understand it at all or already have a negative perspective on it). Sometimes it's such a foreign concept to people that they bring it up every time you're around. I've had minimal success "leading by example" with family members and one of my friends, with them engaging in some health-conscious reducetarianism. My girlfriend is vegan and I have one other vegan acquaintance in my life (not really a close friend).
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Re: Greetings from Washington State

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome rizumu, I'm glad you posted an intro.
We've had a lot of new members come from that critique (I wonder if that says something about the argument).

I hope you like it here!
rizumu

Post by rizumu »

brimstoneSalad wrote: ↑Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:56 pm Welcome rizumu, I'm glad you posted an intro.
We've had a lot of new members come from that critique (I wonder if that says something about the argument).

I hope you like it here!
Thanks for the welcome! It just might say something :lol:
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

Excellent introduction. Welcome to our community.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
rizumu

Post by rizumu »

Jebus wrote: ↑Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:55 pm Excellent introduction. Welcome to our community.
Thanks, Jebus!

(Nobody fucks with the Jebus!)