Hi from me

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Nonhappyvegan
Diet: Vegan

Hi from me

Post by Nonhappyvegan »

Hi

I am a non-happyvegan, hence the name. I am interested in philosophy and am unhappy about the fact that not more people are vegan, because it seems like the obvious ethical choice.

Anyway I am not good at writing introductions,

see you all around
Take5

Re: Hi from me

Post by Take5 »

Hi Nhv - Welcome to the forum.

I know exactly what you mean, and I'm struggling with that myself. I've been vegan for approx 14 years, with a loose circle of upwards of 60 friends, only one of whom has declared his intention to follow my example. I'm working on several others, who are very sympathetic (whatever that means!) and I'm presently dragging my wife, kicking and screaming, into transitioning to veganism - she's about 70% of the way, I guess.

I'm always considering how best to get the word out there, but it's an uphill struggle. I'm just about to post some thoughts on the main vegan forum, so keep an eye out for that.

ATB. Take5
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Hi Nonhappyvegan, welcome to the forum. I hope you like it here.

What inspired you to go vegan? Any particular documentaries?
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

Welcome Nonhappyvegan,

I guess we can be happy that veganism is growing even if it's not as fast as we would hope.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
Nonhappyvegan

Post by Nonhappyvegan »

brimstoneSalad wrote: ↑Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:30 pm Hi Nonhappyvegan, welcome to the forum. I hope you like it here.

What inspired you to go vegan? Any particular documentaries?

I am not a movie watcher unfortunately, so I have nothing to recommend. I prefer reading. I really just came across some articles online and started reading and saw organisations promoting veganism through activism and this is where I ended up a few years later.
Lightningman_42
Master in Training

Post by Lightningman_42 »

Nonhappyvegan wrote: ↑Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:31 am Hi

I am a non-happyvegan, hence the name. I am interested in philosophy and am unhappy about the fact that not more people are vegan, because it seems like the obvious ethical choice.
Hello Nonhappyvegan, welcome to the forum. I understand your frustration. I can understand that many people won't want to learn about something like veganism, which might compel them to make inconvenient lifestyle changes. However, it's depressing that so many people are like this; while those who understand that going vegan is the right thing (and change themselves accordingly) are still a tiny minority.
Jebus wrote:I guess we can be happy that veganism is growing even if it's not as fast as we would hope.
I agree with this. Nonhappyvegan, as pragmatic vegan-advocates, we should do our best to inspire positive change in others, even if it's small and unsatisfying. Better than nothing.
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil but because of those who look on and do nothing."
-Albert Einstein