Hi from Canada

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Limetree
Diet: Vegan

Hi from Canada

Post by Limetree »

Hi everyone I'm Limetree; a vegan from Winnipeg, Canada. I've been a vegan for 3 months and was previously a vegetarian for 10 years. My philosophy is we should reduce the amount of harm we are doing in a general sense. So this pertains to other humans and other earthlings as well as the planet. On our current course, my grandchildren will likely die due to there being no food thanks to a planet not suitable for plant life, and no drinking water available. I love animals, though this isn't why I'm vegan. If i thought animals were dirty, stupid and mean I would still be opposed to the mistreatment of them. I am opposed to the mistreatment of any sentient being; regardless of appearance, intelligence or whether or not I would like one for a pet. As stated before, I am indeed a vegan, if you'd like a precise look at what I mean, I do not purchase or consume any animal meat, animal eggs or animal milk. I do not contribute to animal suffering by attending the rodeo, racetrack, zoo, aquarium, farm, circus or petting zoo. Of course I support animal sanctuaries and these are the only acceptable form of animal husbandry in my eyes. I do not support animal cruelty by purchasing or wearing leather, wool, silk, down, fur, or suede or any other material that came from the body or at the cost of an animals life or suffering. I do not support animal cruelty by purchasing or eating honey or any other substance that was made by or made from animals. Aside from veganism I have other interests, I am a passionate atheist, I love to read and travel, I enjoy hiking and pretty much anything that gets me into nature, I especially love the mountains and forests. I look forward to talking to you all -LT
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Hi from Canada

Post by Red »

Hello Limetree! I'm sure that you'll fit nicely here.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome Limetree! I hope you like it here.
Was there anything in particular that inspired you to go veg. (like a documentary) or was it a gradual revelation?
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

Welcome Limetree. Are there many vegans in Winnipeg?

I don't think you need to worry about your grandkids dying from food and water shortages. They will certainly notice the adverse economic and climactic effects, but the dying people will be in countries other than Canada.
Last edited by Jebus on Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Jebus wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:02 am I don't think you need to worry about your grandkids dying from foot and water shortages. They will certainly notice the adverse economic and climactic effects, but the dying people will be in countries other than Canada.
This year has been crazy for disasters in the U.S. though. The hurricanes and all of the wild fires are pretty scary. Might not mean death for most people, but we could end up losing our coastal cities before expected, and anybody near a forest might just need a respirator to go outside.
Devid Villa

Post by Devid Villa »

Welcome to the vegan community. Nice to have a chat with you here. Enjoy this community!