Hey from Berlin o/

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Incabell
Diet: Vegan

Hey from Berlin o/

Post by Incabell »

Hello everyone,

I've recently decided to start eating a vegan diet after being a long-term fuzzy vegetarian (1-2x a year i ate organic meat, hunting meat or wild fish).

First of all I love animals and just couldn't ignore any longer that I was still feeding into the system that treats animals so badly, even by buying free-range eggs and organic milk etc.

My main motivation though came from realising that dairy and meat are just simply unhealthy for us and that a vegan (mostly) whole foods diet is the best I can do for my body also I could stand to lose some weight.

I started out with HCLF for the first 2 months which was great and I'd still be doing it if i hadn't come across loads of people talking about information that seems to suggest that eating more than 10% fat could actually be healthier so I've started incorporating more seeds and avocado etc. into my diet. But basically I'm just trying to figure out what's best while not depriving myself too much from vegan treats.

I'd love to hear how you eat and how you got there. I guess for most of us there's a story to the journey.

Cheers
Charlie
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: Hey from Berlin o/

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome Charlie! I hope you like it here.

For some people high carb works, for some lower carb works better (with healthy plant fats), the most important thing is to be open to adjusting your macros to see what works for you (making sure to get enough healthy plant protein regardless of the carb/fat ratio). Vegan can work for everybody, but high carb might not work for everybody.