Hey!

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
LogicLover
Diet: Vegan

Re: Hey!

Post by LogicLover »

PrincessPeach wrote: Mom's going to be in for a shock when she returns home, ay?
Haha, yea! I'll have to watch some health documentaries with her too when she's back and I hope she'll decide to jump on the health wagon but time will tell on that one. One potential problem is that she has an immense storage of un-vegan foods. She also has a problem with physically letting things go (a bit of a hoarder) so I'm not sure how things will play out but I'll keep my hopes up!
PrincessPeach wrote: My son is 18months old now, he can count up to ten already, he can read words, he can sing parts of the alphabet, he also has 14 teeth already strong healthy and white, he has reached all the 2year milestones ...
That is awesome! He is so lucky to have such a healthy start to life :) I don't have any children but I have 2 super healthy vegan parrots... does that count? haha
PrincessPeach wrote: I haven't watched fork over knives maybe I'll watch it then re-watch it with my parents.... !
I think that is a great idea. I feel like the education given in some of these documentaries is really needed because people change as they learn, and sometimes hearing it from an outside source helps to make the understanding really click into place. There are so many documentaries I could list but "Forks over Knives" is a great one on the health side, and "Earthlings" really drives home the ethical side. Good luck if you do decide to watch something like these with your parents! I'd love to hear how it all goes :)
PrincessPeach
Diet: Vegan

Re: Hey!

Post by PrincessPeach »

LogicLover wrote:
Haha, yea! I'll have to watch some health documentaries with her too when she's back and I hope she'll decide to jump on the health wagon but time will tell on that one. One potential problem is that she has an immense storage of un-vegan foods. She also has a problem with physically letting things go (a bit of a hoarder) so I'm not sure how things will play out but I'll keep my hopes up!
Honestly, I would throw all that crap away before she gets home or at least try to down size it! My bf's mom uhh, everytime she would buy something bad and put it in the pantry I would take it and return it back to the store! The stores hated me, my bf's mom hated me but after about 6-a year she finally got it!
LogicLover wrote: That is awesome! He is so lucky to have such a healthy start to life :) I don't have any children but I have 2 super healthy vegan parrots... does that count? haha
It most certainly counts! Did you rescue the parrots ?
Parrot Confidential
LogicLover wrote:
I think that is a great idea. I feel like the education given in some of these documentaries is really needed because people change as they learn, and sometimes hearing it from an outside source helps to make the understanding really click into place. There are so many documentaries I could list but "Forks over Knives" is a great one on the health side, and "Earthlings" really drives home the ethical side. Good luck if you do decide to watch something like these with your parents! I'd love to hear how it all goes :)
[/quote][/quote]

If I could get my parents to watch Earthlings~ they'd probably never eat an animal again!!
They made fun of the Gerson therapy, my dad didn't understand the importance of coffee enemas....
I'll let you know if I can get them to watch it with me!
Don't be a waste of molecules