Hello from Wisconsin

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
DaRock
Diet: Vegan

Hello from Wisconsin

Post by DaRock »

I, like many of this forum's members, have overcome two of the most common delusions that have ever plagued mankind. I'm 17 and from the protestant dairyland of Wisconsin. I hope that by joining this forum I can overcome any more delusions yet unkown to me, politics anyone?
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Re: Hello from Wisconsin

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome DaRock, what inspired you to go vegan? Any particular films/books or arguments?
DaRock

Post by DaRock »

A lot of things led to me becoming vegan but I would say finding the vegan atheist youtube channel and having a "normal" vegetarian friend were definitely the most influential factors. I already had become an atheist on my own. Now I would recommend the Unnatural Vegan on youtube and the books of Michael Pollan (although not a vegan) to friends. Overall the moral argument of not eating animal products when u do not have to in order to reduce suffering appeals the most to me.
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

Welcome and congratulations to such an impressive accomplishment. I was born an atheist but it took me 36 years to become a vegan.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.