Hello from India

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Vegan for animals
Diet: Vegan

Hello from India

Post by Vegan for animals »

Hi everyone nice to see so many vegans here.
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Re: Hello from India

Post by Jebus »

Welcome! Where in India are you from? I read Chennai is one of the best places in the world for vegans. Do you agree?
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
Vegan for animals

I'm from Guwahati, I stayed in Chennai for at least 10 years. I guess you can say that it is a normal city yeah people can become vegan, but those who hold a deep faith in religion culture or drink milk are very difficult to change, they will try but they go back to their habits because I've tried this with my friends. There are fewer supermarkets so people buy vegetables from locals or go to vegetable markets, there are lots of options available. Gujrat is a full vegetarian state. Bangalore and Mumbai are vegan hotspots you can find many vegans there.
DarlBundren
Diet: Vegetarian

Post by DarlBundren »

Welcome to the forum, Vegan for animals :). I see you are Buddhist. Do you think that your religion had an influence on your deciding to go vegan?
Last edited by DarlBundren on Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome VFA, I hope you like it here!

What inspired you to go vegan? Any speaker, book, or video in particular?
Daniel_W.

Post by Daniel_W. »

Hello, Vegan for animals! I am glad you are vegan. A mi tuo fo.
Vegan for animals

DarlBundren wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:35 pm Welcome to the forum, Vegan for animals :). I see you are Buddhist. Do you think that your religion had an influence on your deciding to go vegan?
I could say Buddhism has something to do with my decision to go vegan, maybe my behaviour was always good, I was influenced by stories I heard stories of Buddha how he rescued goat from a slaughter and why killing is considered wrong, I began to realise this and I loved animals, and I was unaware of veganism, once I knew about it there was nothing stopping me from switching to veganism. :)
Vegan for animals

brimstoneSalad wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:29 pm Welcome VFA, I hope you like it here!

What inspired you to go vegan? Any speaker, book, or video in particular?
A speaker, I watched YouTube videos and I found Gary Yourofsky, the moment after listening to his whole speech I decided to go vegan.
Vegan for animals

Daniel_W. wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:45 pm Hello, Vegan for animals! I am glad you are vegan. A mi tuo fo.
Hello Daniel, Glad you are a Vegan too. Aren't we all?
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo »

Vegan for animals wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:08 pm Glad you are a Vegan too. Aren't we all?
Not exactly. 8-)

Some are partially carnivorous who despite their own moral lacking, wish to make it more acceptable for Veganism to be accepted as a cultural norm, not a denigrated subset of society.

Welcome aboard!
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.