Hello

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Daniel_W.
Diet: Vegan

Hello

Post by Daniel_W. »

Hello, my name is Daniel. I am new to this forum. I like The Vegan Atheist's YouTube channel. (Or rather, "TVA - The Vegan Atheist" as the channel is named now.) I have been vegan for around two years now for ethical and health reasons and I really like the content that vegan YouTube channels create. I do not know any other vegans personally irl, so maybe being active here will help remedy that. Thanks for reading :)
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Re: Hello

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome Daniel, I hope you like it here.

What inspired you to go vegan?
Daniel_W.

Post by Daniel_W. »

brimstoneSalad wrote: ↑Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:13 pm Welcome Daniel, I hope you like it here.

What inspired you to go vegan?
The health aspect of veganism was the main draw for me at the beginning. After around one month of being vegan the ethical arguments started to make more sense since I no longer had any attachment to meat/dairy/eggs and there was no bias to cloud my judgement.
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo »

Welcome aboard!

Are there any specific health issues that improved once you went Vegan that you'd like to discuss? It might help others that are considering the switch.
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.
Daniel_W.

Post by Daniel_W. »

PsYcHo wrote: ↑Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:17 am Welcome aboard!

Are there any specific health issues that improved once you went Vegan that you'd like to discuss? It might help others that are considering the switch.
Thank you. And yes: I had a lot more energy to waste. Combined with at least six-eight hours of sleep I feel invincible and inexhaustible. Also, all of my problems with constipation have disappeared. I am sure my cholesterol levels dropped, but I don't know exactly because I didn't care to pay for a blood test at the time.
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

Welcome and congratulations to becoming vegan. Were you vegetarian before making the change? What is it about the Buddhist philosophy that appeals to you?
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.