HHT (bleeding disorder) diet advice

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Welsh Rabbit

HHT (bleeding disorder) diet advice

Post by Welsh Rabbit »

Hi. On (and off) vegetarian for the last 17 years, on (and off) vegan for the last 4. Currently undergoing testing for HHT (Hereditary haemorrhagic telangiectasia) but being scared off of all the HHT forums by being told to avoid Salicylates and other things that make up the bulk of my diet. Can not physically tolerate gluten (chronic diarrhoea) or soy (pass large amounts of blood). Any diet suggestions that keep me healthy and on the vegan path would be much appreciated. x.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: HHT (bleeding disorder) diet advice

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome! We'd be glad to help.
Welsh Rabbit wrote: ↑Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:35 pm being scared off of all the HHT forums by being told to avoid Salicylates and other things that make up the bulk of my diet.
I assume none of it is evidence based?
Welsh Rabbit wrote: ↑Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:35 pm Can not physically tolerate gluten (chronic diarrhoea) or soy (pass large amounts of blood). Any diet suggestions that keep me healthy and on the vegan path would be much appreciated. x.
Pea based options (for example: http://beyondmeat.com/products/view/beefy-crumble ) may be your best bet, or eating more greens via soups or smoothies.

Can you tolerate small amounts of soy, or is there something allergic going on there?
Can you tolerate fermented soy like tempeh?