Greetings

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Jamie in Chile
Diet: Vegetarian

Greetings

Post by Jamie in Chile »

I joined this forum looking for ethical/philosophical/intellligent debate. I hope it's the right forum for me, I have only done the tiniest bit of lurking so I'll probably just get stuck in and see.

I joined this forum because although I am on other veg forums this seems to offer something different in the sense of philosophical discussion.

I like the fact that this forum accepts discussions with meat eaters, I think somewhere that does that is needed on the internet. I would have liked to have found this place at the end of 2015 and start of 2016 when I decided to evaluate the ethics of eating animal products. I ended up choosing to go vegetarian and mostly vegan (in both food and other things) at the start of 2016.

I also came here because I have two specific discussion topics that I would like to hear the opinions of philosophical vegans on. I'll keep you in suspense for today but probably get around to it eventually.

I am athiest and/or agnostic and I certainly don't believe in established major world religions like Christianity, Judaism and Islam.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: Greetings

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome Jamie, I hope you like it here. Thanks for the long intro. It's a shame other forums don't really allow much discussion.

Please don't hesitate to start your threads any time you feel like it. No need to overthink them, just tell us what you're wondering and we'll help you figure it out. We've likely seen similar concerns before, and may be able to link you to some good discussions, or have one here of course.