Beginner

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Andrew92
Diet: Meat-Eater

Beginner

Post by Andrew92 »

Hello to you all...my name is Andrew...legaly I am an orthodox christian but spiritually I am not apart of any religion,I believe bits from judaism,christianity and zoroastrianism but do not believe fully one of this..I am trying to meet new people to discuss religion and even argue on some facts...i love reading about history,religion,science,theology so i think we will have enough to discuss about:D.
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin
Diet: Vegan

Re: Beginner

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

Hi Andrew92, thanks for joining the forum. You indicated on your profile that you are an atheist meat eater. Is that a mistake, since you just admitted to being an orthodox christian? Please clarify.
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
Andrew92
Diet: Meat-Eater

Post by Andrew92 »

TheVeganAtheist wrote:Hi Andrew92, thanks for joining the forum. You indicated on your profile that you are an atheist meat eater. Is that a mistake, since you just admitted to being an orthodox christian? Please clarify.

Hello,I am atheist in the sence that I am not convinced with the exitence of a God,and eat meat because I dont see a conection between atheism and veganism...and if it would be a connecton it would be a stupid one-eating meat is natural and after i was born i was baptized an orthodox...this is legally i mean a state religion but not spiritualy
thebestofenergy
Master in Training
Diet: Vegan

Post by thebestofenergy »

Welcome!
How did you become atheist?
How is it viewed where you live?
Andrew92 wrote:eating meat is natural
You might want to have a look at this https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-nature
Just because it's natural, it doesn't mean it's ideal or justifiable - rape is also natural, but I don't think you accept what rapists do.
Differently from other animals, we have the cognitive capabilities to rationally think about it.
For evil to prevail, good people must stand aside and do nothing.