Hello Fellow Vegans!

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Generally Acceptable
Diet: Vegan

Hello Fellow Vegans!

Post by Generally Acceptable »

Hello fellow vegans!
I've been lurking on this forum for a few weeks now to truly see if it's worth my time and I've decided that I'll join to see what I can get out of it.

I went vegetarian back in the late '80s then went full vegan in the mid '90s. I was fairly young at the time, but my friends and family were supportive of it, to my surprise. I mostly went vegan after examining the immorality of eating meat, as I came to the realization that animals were sentient beings too, worthy of life and not for human consumption. Not to mention it's better for your health and the environment. To be honest, the way I see it, veganism is the only diet that makes any sense when one applied critical thought ;) .

Anyways, I noticed it asked for religion when I was registering. I don't really have much to say about that, but my parents were atheists, so I never grew up with the concept of religion, which I learned about through a few friends at school. Let's just say don't expect me to talk about religion all that much.

Anyways, just to get it out of the way, I do support both GMOs and nuclear power, since I noticed that has been a choice of topic here.
And if you're wondering, I stumbled upon this forum after seeing UV recommend it.

Hope to have some good discussions here!
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Re: Hello Fellow Vegans!

Post by miniboes »

Welcome to the forum, it seems you'll fit right in.

What's it like being vegan where you live?
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
Generally Acceptable

miniboes wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:42 pm Welcome to the forum, it seems you'll fit right in.

What's it like being vegan where you live?
Thanks miniboes!
Being vegan was easy where I live, since I had the money and resources available to me. I can see how it might be difficult for others, though.
DarlBundren
Diet: Vegetarian

Post by DarlBundren »

Welcome on board, Generally Acceptable. I hope you like it here.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome!

Anything in particular inspire you to graduate from lurker?
I'm glad you did.
Generally Acceptable

DarlBundren wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:18 pm Welcome on board, Generally Acceptable. I hope you like it here.
Thanks, Darl! I'm pretty sure I will.
Generally Acceptable

brimstoneSalad wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:55 am Welcome!

Anything in particular inspire you to graduate from lurker?
I'm glad you did.
Well after observing all the discussions and seeing that most of the members here seem warm and alive, I think I can learn something if I take part in these discussions. I'm pretty sure I'll ask you a few questions ;) .
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Please don't hesitate to start a thread or two (or more). We love new threads around here, glad to answer questions and start discussions.
Generally Acceptable

brimstoneSalad wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:23 pm Please don't hesitate to start a thread or two (or more). We love new threads around here, glad to answer questions and start discussions.
Alright. I have more off-topic related questions, if that's okay.
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Post by miniboes »

Generally Acceptable wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:46 pm
brimstoneSalad wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:23 pm Please don't hesitate to start a thread or two (or more). We love new threads around here, glad to answer questions and start discussions.
Alright. I have more off-topic related questions, if that's okay.
Nothing is really off-topic on this forum.

Except celebrity gossip.
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum