Hello from Japan!

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Vegan_Village
Diet: Vegan

Re: Hello from Japan!

Post by Vegan_Village »

Good to hear slowly but surely. Perfect that site is going to help heaps, cheers!

I'm in Fukuoka city a little outside downtown. I was in university in Canada till I dropped out. Found it to be quite the finical burden so I applied for a visa in the hope of finding full time work, my parents both had visa's in Japan during the 90's and has always been somewhere I've wanted to visit, and now I am teaching private English.

How about you what made you apply? Whereabouts are you?
maledicenttails
Diet: Vegan

Re: Hello from Japan!

Post by maledicenttails »

Lucky you touched down after the incidents that occurred last year...

I'm staying in Niseko, Hokkaido at the moment working at a hotel. Wanted to get out of NZ so I found my chance. SO basically not only am I currently residing in one of the more hostile countries in regards to veganism, I'm in one of the more hostile and dairy saturated prefectures of a hostile country. Yey. At least the snow is kinda nice.

Need to find some work after this contract is over, though. How long have you been vegan and what made you decide to go vegan?