The Meat Eating Atheist

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Duma
Diet: Meat-Eater

The Meat Eating Atheist

Post by Duma »

All you really need to know about me (or give much of a shit about) is that I'm a meat eating atheist and I'm not going to try and push any beliefs onto other people and I'm going to try my best to prevent my dietary choice from interfering in my rational ability.
EquALLity
I am God
Diet: Vegan

Re: The Meat Eating Atheist

Post by EquALLity »

Maybe your dietary choices won't impact your abilities, but maybe the czar will? :D

Welcome to the forum! What made you decide to join?
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
Duma
Diet: Meat-Eater

Post by Duma »

To have intelligent conversations with intelligent people.
knot
Master in Training

Post by knot »

Hey, welcome!
Duma wrote: ↑Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:53 pm I'm not going to try and push any beliefs onto other people
This is basically unavoidable, which is why the best we can do is use logic and evidence to test our beliefs
DarlBundren
Diet: Vegetarian

Post by DarlBundren »

Hey there, Duma. Welcome on board.
I'm not going to try and push any beliefs onto other people and I'm going to try my best to prevent my dietary choice from interfering in my rational ability.
Yeah, I am afraid that is not possible. If you have political or/and economic rights, if you decide to have children or if your opinions may influence someone else, then you are pushing your beliefs onto other people. Epistemic responsibility, thus, enters the equation.
Generally Acceptable

Post by Generally Acceptable »

Hey, Duma. I'd be interested in having debates with you.
Dream Sphere

Post by Dream Sphere »

Hey Duma. Is that a Samurai Jack avatar I see? That was one of my favourite cartoons as a kid. A few years ago I rewatched some of the early episodes and found that I picked up subtleties a lot more from the show than I did when originally watching it. It was three years ago, so I can't remember what they were now, but I may start watching it again soon.

By the way did you ever watch that short series of Star Wars Clone Wars cartoons made by the same people as Samurai Jack?
Lightningman_42
Master in Training

Post by Lightningman_42 »

Dream Sphere wrote: ↑Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:00 am Hey Duma. Is that a Samurai Jack avatar I see? That was one of my favourite cartoons as a kid. A few years ago I rewatched some of the early episodes and found that I picked up subtleties a lot more from the show than I did when originally watching it. It was three years ago, so I can't remember what they were now, but I may start watching it again soon.

By the way did you ever watch that short series of Star Wars Clone Wars cartoons made by the same people as Samurai Jack?
I've never watched Samurai Jack myself, but I have seen the 2003 Clone Wars cartoon series. I didn't know they were made by the same producers. I actually didn't see Clone Wars when it first released, but rather on YouTube many years later. Great show.
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil but because of those who look on and do nothing."
-Albert Einstein