Hi!

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Sakana
Diet: Vegan

Hi!

Post by Sakana »

Hi people. I found out about this site by watching the Drunken Peasants. I found TVA's arguments to be very well-reasoned, and was dumbfounded by how poorly TAA argued for his case. Here his hipocrisy revealed itself, and he showed himself to be justs as irrational and morally bankrupt as many of the religious people he constantly mocks. He said his views on factory farming have changed, but what good are your views if your actions aren't reflected by them? It's basically like saying, "my opinions, beliefs and actions are informed by evidence, but only as long as I don't have to give up something I like doing". Truly pathetic.

I'm from Denmark, and I'm primarily here to learn more about vegan stuff. My country is mostly atheistic. Religious people are a very small minority here, and they aren't taken very seriously by the general public. However, I think we are one of the most meat-eating countries in the world, so being vegan is definitely "extreme" here. I'm 27 now and have gradually slipped into veganism over a couple of years. Like everyone else, I had been conditioned to think that you pretty much drop dead without eating meat, so it took quite a while to get this idea out of my head. I've enjoyed watching all of TVA's videos on veganism, and now feel fully equipped to take on anyone who puts forth the typical, stupid arguments for consuming meat and animal products. Thanks :)
PrincessPeach

Re: Hi!

Post by PrincessPeach »

Hello and welcome to boards you have a very interesting story!

I am from the states and I find it quite interesting that in Denmark religious people are the minority...

How does it make you feel knowing most people in your country reject religion but are reluctant to stop eating meat?

Do you think the lack or religion has lead the majority of people to have lack in moral values?

Are people more inclined to hear your views on veganism or do they find it taboo..?
Don't be a waste of molecules
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome Sakana!

I'm glad you've joined us,
He said his views on factory farming have changed, but what good are your views if your actions aren't reflected by them? It's basically like saying, "my opinions, beliefs and actions are informed by evidence, but only as long as I don't have to give up something I like doing". Truly pathetic.
Well said.

It begs the question how exactly he thinks he doesn't support factory farming.

He supports it every day by opening his wallet and giving them money for their services to him.
Does he oppose it spiritually or something, and think that makes a difference?

My feeling is that he would make a excellent prototype of a Christian, since he feels like he can do the equivalent of praying for something without lifting a finger and that somehow changes things or does anything.
Last edited by brimstoneSalad on Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

Welcome to the forum Sakana. Its awesome that another vegan atheist has joined the ranks. Happy to hear that my videos have been of use to you. How are the vegan options in Denmark? Any restaurants? Grocery stores have any vegan foods (besides produce)?
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
Sakana

Post by Sakana »

PrincessPeach wrote:Hello and welcome to boards you have a very interesting story!

I am from the states and I find it quite interesting that in Denmark religious people are the minority...

How does it make you feel knowing most people in your country reject religion but are reluctant to stop eating meat?

Do you think the lack or religion has lead the majority of people to have lack in moral values?

Are people more inclined to hear your views on veganism or do they find it taboo..?
I'm really glad religion is really a non-issue, and I've never had to deal with it. The whole meat thing, on the other hand, makes me sad. Men in our country have one of the shortest average life spans of any modernized country. No doubt in large part because of overconsumption of meat.

I haven't talked to that many people about it yet, but I suspect most people here will consider veganism crazy. I'm kinda looking forward to discussing it with more people :)
TheVeganAtheist wrote:Welcome to the forum Sakana. Its awesome that another vegan atheist has joined the ranks. Happy to hear that my videos have been of use to you. How are the vegan options in Denmark? Any restaurants? Grocery stores have any vegan foods (besides produce)?
There are a few vegan cafées here, but the supermarkets have very few, if any, items intended for vegans :( In the supermarkets of neighbouring countries they have big sections with lots of exciting vegan options, so that really bugs me.
PrincessPeach

Post by PrincessPeach »

Sakana wrote: I'm really glad religion is really a non-issue, and I've never had to deal with it. The whole meat thing, on the other hand, makes me sad. Men in our country have one of the shortest average life spans of any modernized country. No doubt in large part because of overconsumption of meat.
It's hard to deal with sadness at times, especially when you go out in public and see everyone living their lives blinded not knowing or too reluctant to believe that their decisions[really lack of decision] have an overall negative impact on not only themselves but everyone and everything around them..
Sakana wrote: I haven't talked to that many people about it yet, but I suspect most people here will consider veganism crazy. I'm kinda looking forward to discussing it with more people :)
You've got us on the forums to talk to and listen to, by listening and talking I mean reading and typing really lol ;-)
You can always start up your own forum topic on any issue that is driving you crazy in your head!
Don't be a waste of molecules