Hello everyone!

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Tribies
Diet: Vegan

Hello everyone!

Post by Tribies »

Hey there! My name is Jonathan and I am both atheist and vegan, I have lived like an atheist my entire life however I went vegan only a few months ago.

I hope to be able to participate in debates and other arguments here as like anyone I also have strong opinions and am sure about what I believe in and do with my life.
thebestofenergy
Master in Training

Re: Hello everyone!

Post by thebestofenergy »

Tribies wrote:Hey there! My name is Jonathan and I am both atheist and vegan, I have lived like an atheist my entire life however I went vegan only a few months ago.

I hope to be able to participate in debates and other arguments here as like anyone I also have strong opinions and am sure about what I believe in and do with my life.
Welcome! :)
How did you become vegan? What changed your mind?
How is it viewed there?
For evil to prevail, good people must stand aside and do nothing.
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

Hey there! My name is Jonathan and I am both atheist and vegan, I have lived like an atheist my entire life however I went vegan only a few months ago.

Hi there! Welcome to the forum. :)

Do you come from a religious family?
What made you go vegan? Were you a vegetarian first or was it an abrupt change?
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Hi Jonathan, welcome to the forum :)

What do you mean by 'lived like an atheist'? Is there a particular way you would have lived otherwise? I don't quite understand what you mean.

Congrats on going vegan,
Hope you like it here.
Shadow Fox

Post by Shadow Fox »

I am also confused about the lived like an atheist part.

anyway....Check it! Welcome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix7vrluEm4E
We are all born Atheists, everyone of us. We are born without the Shackles of theism arresting our minds. It is not until we are poisoned by the fears and delusions of others that we become trapped in the psychopathic dream world of theism.
Tribies

Post by Tribies »

To answer the question on weather I came from a christian family: No, we have never been particularly into faith, never prayed or anything of the sort. In there I answer what I mean I have always lived like an atheist because I have never been taught to believe in any god.

When it comes to me becoming a vegan I can say that VeganAtheist and Gary Yourofsky and quite a few other I have listened to, watched videos and such did convince me that being vegan at the very least for me is the right choice.
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

Hi Tribies,
welcome to the forum. Happy to hear that my videos have had a part in your transition to veganism. Since you have been at it for a relatively short time, please feel free to utilize the wealth of knowledge contained within the great forum members.
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
thebestofenergy
Master in Training

Post by thebestofenergy »

Mods? Uhh.. we need you.
For evil to prevail, good people must stand aside and do nothing.
PrincessPeach

Post by PrincessPeach »

thebestofenergy wrote:Mods? Uhh.. we need you.
Agreed, this person is an idiot and knows nothing about how search engines work in this new millennium. Spamming an add a bunch of times on different websites is not a way to get your site to the top of the search engine charts, search engines are much more precise and need more specific head quotes for optimal search engine results. It really has to do with your the script of your webpage not the content of how many links re-direct back to page, especially when you are spamming on an unrelated website... This person is stupid. Clearly you'd have to have equal or less of an intelligence level than the person who made this spam if you click on it and or believe it....!
Don't be a waste of molecules
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

I'm guessing that's not about Tribies, but about a spammer who posted and then was deleted?

We're starting to get more spam here, because the forum has reached a critical mass and is starting to get search results.