Hi

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
d3lanoz
Diet: Vegetarian

Hi

Post by d3lanoz »

Im Delano An atheïst vegan, Born as a jehova's witness. Now rebelling against animal cruelty and religion ! You wanna know more ask me.
thebestofenergy
Master in Training
Diet: Vegan

Re: Hi

Post by thebestofenergy »

Welcome to the forum!
How did you become atheist? How is atheism viewed where you live?
For evil to prevail, good people must stand aside and do nothing.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Hi Delano, and welcome!

Jehova's witness- wow- that's pretty heavy. Is your family shunning you, or are they being more progressive about it? Or have you not come out to them?

I hope it went smoothly, some of the more extreme cases can be harsh. I've heard some sad stories in the past.

I'd love to hear more about your experience.

I'm glad you've joined us here :)
d3lanoz

Post by d3lanoz »

Ok so its pretty normal here or at least accepted, alot of people just dont understand it.
I became atheist not to lang ago actually, i always doubted my parents faith and the whole god idea. But i was living in it so i could not see it for what it was and when i did i started to research the faith and i have watched alot of movies on the internet, And though you need to filter out alot of BS i found out that my doubts where justified.Slowely my GF helpt me roll into normal stuff like birthdays,christmas etc the more i saw that world the more i understoot. Faith is utterly useless for annyone else then those that believe in it entirely. And thus faith is crap.

Well i was never baptized so i wont be shunned but the contact with my parents is certainly hard but thats also because i have really really bad parents, im glad to be here please ask annything you want to know !
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

Hi d3lanoz, welcome to the forum!
are you a vegan or vegetarian (your first comment says vegan, but your profile says vegetarian)?
How long? How has your family responded to your veganism? What part of the world do you live?
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
d3lanoz

Post by d3lanoz »

oh it does im sorry, im a vegitarian. I live in the netherlands and my mom acknowledges it but doesnt care and my dad thinks its useless and doesnt care and they obviously believe animals where given to men to eat by god.
thebestofenergy
Master in Training

Post by thebestofenergy »

d3lanoz wrote:they obviously believe animals where given to men to eat by god.
I cringe everytime I hear this.
For evil to prevail, good people must stand aside and do nothing.
d3lanoz

Post by d3lanoz »

Its not jus animals its everything. Dont worry about global warming, drill oil, go and frack away. God will make it all right in the end so it just doesnt matter.