Hi! I am French from Paris and new to veganism :-)

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: Hi! I am French from Paris and new to veganism :-)

Post by brimstoneSalad »

eloine wrote: but as the world population is of 7 billion, will it be possible someday?
I hope so. If it doesn't, then humanity may go extinct if it can not evolve to a more compassionate state.
eloine

Post by eloine »

yes it is not going to be easy but with the power of internet it is still possible, it must be the majority of people that becomes aware of this so that the minority that doesn't want to open their eyes becomes weak and unable to have any power anymore ...because at the moment the majority of people are still eating animal products
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Yes, it's called a "critical mass"
For veganism, I don't think it even needs to be a majority. As long as enough people are vegan that the doubters can all know a healthy vegan, and know it's a real option, and vegan food is widely available, they will be more likely to come over and we can see exponential growth.
eloine

Post by eloine »

I don't know but many people just don't want to open their eyes even if you say to them that animal products gives cancer and heart diseases and all, they keep on denying the thing by telling stupid stuff like " yes a lot of it but not if you include it in a healthy diet" makes me angry that people think it's healthy...it's because of all the commercials, here in France, the national food authority advises that you must eat 3 times a day dairies and 1 or 2 times a day animal products to remain healthy, so it is almost an impossible task to make people open their eyes .
Minos
Diet: Reducetarian

Post by Minos »

Unfortunately that is a big achievement of meat and dairy industry. They pour loads of money into advertising and in the same time they are subsidized by governments... It's a lie we all grew up in...

Situation is same in Czech republic. Most of advertisements (even those not advertising food) contains images of happy people hanging together over meat and dairy is promoted as "healthy" and "essential". Let's hope, that we will achieve same thing, what happened to tobacco industry. Early advertisements also promoted "health" (cure for your sore throat).
eloine

Post by eloine »

is there enough Vitamin B12 in bragg nutritionnal yeast? coz it's the only source I am taking at the moment..
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

eloine wrote:is there enough Vitamin B12 in bragg nutritionnal yeast? coz it's the only source I am taking at the moment..
Based on the amount they report, if you eat at least three servings (15 grams) each day, it may be just barely enough. However, I would not trust that as a B12 supplement, since the amount may vary and it could be unreliable. It's also a low amount, so it won't provide an ideal supplement.

B12 is stored in your body for a long time, so a B12 supplement is not urgent. As long as you get a good supplement in the next few months you should be fine.

Aside from a B-12 tablet (which is usually chewable), or drops (in liquid form you put under your tongue), you can also choose a Vegan multivitamin, like DEVA:
https://www.amazon.com/Deva-Vegan-Vitamins-Multivitamin-Supplement/dp/B001GAOHVG/

That's a good multivitamin, which contains plenty of B12 if you take it every day.
eloine

Post by eloine »

thanks
eloine

Post by eloine »

I start to feel a bit weird since a few days, it scares me a bit, I take everyday 500micrograms of that B12 vitamin:http://www.healthleadsuk.com/supplement ... -caps.html

but I am not sure it is very efficient, because I have weird symptoms like some little tingles all over my body and my brain, it even woke me up during the night, and today I feel very strange!!!
I don't know if it's just my imagination but I don't like to feel that way makes me worry a bit...
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

eloine wrote:I start to feel a bit weird since a few days, it scares me a bit, I take everyday 500micrograms of that B12 vitamin:http://www.healthleadsuk.com/supplement ... -caps.html
The recommendations are for cyanocobalamin:

http://veganhealth.org/articles/dailyrecs
Jack Norris wrote:AThese recommendations are for cyanocobalamin only. There is not enough research on other forms of vitamin B12 to recommend specific dosages from supplements. For more information, see Alternatives to Cyanocobalamin: Methylcobalamin & Dibencozide.
The methyl form is probably less effective. You're not a smoker, are you?

http://veganhealth.org/b12/noncyanob12
eloine wrote:I don't know if it's just my imagination but I don't like to feel that way makes me worry a bit...
It's probably something else. The only known side effect of very high B12 doses is some kind of acne like bumps, which go away when the dose is reduced.