Hello =)

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
EquALLity
I am God
Diet: Vegan

Hello =)

Post by EquALLity »

Hello =)

I am both a vegan and an atheist.

I've been an atheist for a little over a year now, what made me start to change was this video and some of the comments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEn1kn_Pfhw
One commenter had two extremely disturbing Bible quotes on his profile. I had never seen them before, and they were quite shocking. So when I was going to sleep that night, I asked 'God' for a sign to prove to me that he was real. There was nothing. I was on the fence with this until the next time my mom took me to Church. I completely stopped believing there. Church was so different that day, as I was looking at it from a whole new perspective. Everything seemed ridiculous.

I became a vegan after I was already an atheist. I watched this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5_jXfjwOcY , which provoked me to watch Meet Your Meat and Earthlings. I watched Meet Your Meat right after watching this video^, and decided that I wanted to go vegan. Unfortunately, I was staying at my grandparents house. I managed to weasel my way out of eating meat, but not animal products. I coped with it by telling myself that I wasn't ACTUALLY going to go vegan. I would just be a vegetarian. Going vegan seemed too complicated anyway, but obviously I am a vegan now.
In the beginning I was a vegan for animal welfare, not because of animal exploitation. Well, I guess I didn't really become a vegan until it was about animal exploitation, because veganism has to be about animal exploitation. So at first I just ate a plant-based diet because I cared about animal welfare.

P.S. My username is bothering me slightly because there is no 'u' after the 'q'. Is there anything I can do about that?
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
Twizelby

Re: Hello =)

Post by Twizelby »

Welcome! I myself am a Q with no U So you are in good company.
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

Hi EqAllity, welcome to the forum. I will see about fixing your username for you. Its great to meet new vegan atheists.
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

Thank you guys for the warm welcomes! I'm happy to be on this forum and am excited about posting responses and starting discussions.
LOL Twizelby!
Thanks for fixing my username VA!
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome EquALLity!

I'm glad you've joined us. And what a great story! I love when people are able to search out information on their own instead of hiding from it- it's that quality that shows that, at heart, there's a true desire to do right and know the truth.

Which bible quotes were they, if you remember?

Did you draw your avatar picture?
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

Thank you! :D

One of the Bible quotes was about slaves obeying their masters, which I'm sure you can find if you look up. I don't remember the other one, sorry.

Yes! :)
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

EquALLity wrote: One of the Bible quotes was about slaves obeying their masters, which I'm sure you can find if you look up. I don't remember the other one, sorry.
Yes, that's the new testament, Colossians. It's a common example of slavery supported in the bible that is not just in the old testament.

Have you seen the billboard on that one?
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

I've seen images of it.