Hi or "Ahoj"

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Minos
Diet: Reducetarian

Re: Hi or "Ahoj"

Post by Minos »

Seitanic Vegan wrote:We had a similar transition into veganism. I started off just trying a plant-based diet for a week to see how I felt, after only a few of days I felt so much better that I never turned back, and I've been plant-based ever since. But the longer I went without meat I began to look at it differently. I didn't see it as a food product anymore, and when I learned more about how friendly, social and intelligent farm animals are I made the connection and became an ethical vegan.

What helped you make the connection to ethical veganism?
First, there was my girlfriend, which introduced me to this whole new era of my life. She recommended me Starch solution. Then, it was Earthlings, which I was unable to watch whole to this day. Then other documents as Cowspiracy and another one about industrial agriculture (bananas specifically) and practices of companies such as Monsanto.

Big moment for me was also Blackfish document and related book Beneath the surface about killer whales. From that point I perceive animals with more and more compassion and fascination about what they are, can do and how social they are.

Also I follow few youtube channels and it all started with Unnatural vegan. Swayze is very non-emotional in her videos and they are very fact based which is what suits me best (I'm trying to avoid haters and toxic people in real live and especially on internet). Others are TheVeganAtheist (which lead me to this forum), Nutritions Facts, Legit Nutrition Hawaii. For some time, I watched freelee and happy healthy vegan, but their videos are not good for perception of vegans, so I don't want to contribute to their popularity.

What is your story, and what would you recommend me to watch / read?