Hi or "Ahoj"

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Minos
Diet: Reducetarian

Hi or "Ahoj"

Post by Minos »

Hi to all members of this great forum. I've been silently reading your posts on various topics and slowly gaining courage to post something myself.

I'm from Czech republic (small state in central europe) and 30 years old. I've been atheist whole my life as most of this country is. Recently (for nine months now) I've turned vegan. At first it was health experiment (and it turned great, my skin is better and digestive problems are gone), but over time it shifted to ethical and environmental reasons too.

Looking forward to discussing with you!

PS: Sorry for my english, grammar wasn't my friend even in native language and I'm struggling with making my thoughts clear to others via words.

PPS: Ahoj is just "Hi" in Czech :)
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: Hi or "Ahoj"

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome Minos, I'm glad you decided to join in, and I hope you like it here!
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

Hi, welcome to the forum! I'm glad you've decided to start posting. We don't really have a lot of active members. :)

How long have you been reading the forum?
What's it like in the Czech Republic?
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
Minos

Post by Minos »

Thanks to you both for warm welcome :)
EquALLity wrote:How long have you been reading the forum?
I've been reading forum for few months. Rather occasionaly, but you guys here seem so well informed amd able to discuss things without usual internet hate so I've been comming back.

Things here are quite good, no natural disasters, no terrorist attacks so we can live here peacefully. Where are you from and how things are going there?
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

Minos wrote:Thanks to you both for warm welcome :)
EquALLity wrote:How long have you been reading the forum?
I've been reading forum for few months. Rather occasionaly, but you guys here seem so well informed amd able to discuss things without usual internet hate so I've been comming back.

Things here are quite good, no natural disasters, no terrorist attacks so we can live here peacefully. Where are you from and how things are going there?
Ah, I see. :)

What's the political situation in your country?
I'm in America, and it's crazy. I'm sure you know about the rise of Donald Trump. :shock:
Cirion Spellbinder
Master of the Forum

Post by Cirion Spellbinder »

EquALLity wrote:I'm sure you know about the rise of Donald Trump.
The way I read this made me think that you thought that he is going to overthrow the US democratic republic and become a tyrant... :lol:
Seitanic Vegan

Post by Seitanic Vegan »

Minos wrote:Recently (for nine months now) I've turned vegan. At first it was health experiment (and it turned great, my skin is better and digestive problems are gone), but over time it shifted to ethical and environmental reasons too.
Welcome to the forum! I'm new too. :)

We had a similar transition into veganism. I started off just trying a plant-based diet for a week to see how I felt, after only a few of days I felt so much better that I never turned back, and I've been plant-based ever since. But the longer I went without meat I began to look at it differently. I didn't see it as a food product anymore, and when I learned more about how friendly, social and intelligent farm animals are I made the connection and became an ethical vegan.

What helped you make the connection to ethical veganism?
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

Cirion Spellbinder wrote:
EquALLity wrote:I'm sure you know about the rise of Donald Trump.
The way I read this made me think that you thought that he is going to overthrow the US democratic republic and become a tyrant... :lol:
:P

I wouldn't go that far, but I do think he is very dangerous in his inciting of violence and his 'us vs. them' rhetoric.
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo »

Hello!
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.
Minos

Post by Minos »

EquALLity wrote:What's the political situation in your country?
I'm in America, and it's crazy. I'm sure you know about the rise of Donald Trump. :shock:
Sorry for the very long delay... Personally things were quite busy for last few weeks.

Political situation is quite unsatisfactory, because our president (Miloš Zeman) is very pro Russian and pro Chinese (Even Chinese president was here on visit). I consider him the worst president over last few decades, but there is hope, that things will be only better after him :]

Yeah, I heard lot about Trump and it worries me a bit, because if he win, then his decisions will have indirect impact even on us. Wish you guys luck, in upcoming elections.