I am Phvro

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Phvro
Diet: Meat-Eater

I am Phvro

Post by Phvro »

Hello, my name's Phvro.

I am a skeptic 16 year old high school student. I enjoy discussions on politics, religion and other engaging topics. I dislike redundant societal practices done for the sake nothing, I wouldn't describe my self as a Utilitarianist but I do draw a large amount of my thinking from a similar stance, rationalizing some conclusions-drawn from my semi Utilitarianist stance- with contemporarily accepted principles by the intellectual society. I hope to have productive discussions that alter my mindset.
Twizelby
Diet: Vegan

Re: I am Phvro

Post by Twizelby »

You sound ahead of the intellectual curve. Welcome!
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

Welcome Phvro, thanks for joining the forum. Please tell us about yourself. Where you brought up in a religious household? How do people in your high school respond to your atheism? Where you always an atheist? if not, what was the catalyst?
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Hi Phvro, and welcome to the forum.

"I hope to have productive discussions that alter my mindset."

The mindset to seek to challenge your mindset is the most important step, and it sounds like you're there.

I look forwards to those discussions. :)

Please feel free to start a thread on anything you'd like to chat about.
Phvro
Diet: Meat-Eater

Post by Phvro »

Gladly, I was conceived and born in west Africa, more specifically Cameroon, in the capital, Yaounde. I went to a baptist boarding school at 8 years old, where i experienced the severity of life and attained the basis of my pragmatism. I later immigrated to the United States in 2009 at age 11. I was raised in a religious household, my dad isn't very religious and often avoids church, but my mom is a devout christian. I find it futile to inform people in my high school about my atheism so i mostly keep it to myself unless i'm asked. However for the most part the environment that is already aware of my atheism in fairly tolerant. I think i was always a skeptic, so atheism was simply the next step. I can't quite definitively state that there was a final nudge into atheism, because that i gradually evolved into the mindset.
Shadow Fox

Post by Shadow Fox »

Welcome new member! Very interesting to meet someone very much different than I, and one whom has come from a much further and unique place on our world.

Looking forward to seeing some good posts from you in the future!
We are all born Atheists, everyone of us. We are born without the Shackles of theism arresting our minds. It is not until we are poisoned by the fears and delusions of others that we become trapped in the psychopathic dream world of theism.