Hello

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Anon0045
Diet: Vegan

Hello

Post by Anon0045 »

Hi,

I have been an atheist for 10+ years, and vegan for 1+ year.

Nice to meet you all. Nice website.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Re: Hello

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Hi 45, good to meet you. Glad you've joined.

What brought you here? Do you watch TheVeganAtheist's youtube videos?
Anon0045

Post by Anon0045 »

Thanks brimstoneSalad, nice to meet you too. Yes, that was the reason; he has a good show.
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

Welcome Anon0045, thanks for joining the community. How did you go vegan? What prompted you to become an atheist?
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
Anon0045

Post by Anon0045 »

Thanks.

I didn't become atheist overnight. It was a long process which started when I first read the story about Lot, and how he gave away his daughters to rapists, slept with them and blaming them for making him drunk. To be honest, I also was fed up with going to church, and stopped going when I was 18, and after a few years without constant reminders of why I believe what I did I didn't believe anymore.

The way I became vegan was similar, it didn't happen overnight. For many years I didn't know anything about veganism and simply didn't have an opinion One day, I was thinking about my pet ending up in a slaughterhouse, and that caused me to stop buying meat. I didn't make a decision to be a vegetarian, I just stopped buying meat. After about a year, I saw a PETA clip, became upset, watched debates about veganism on youtube. They mentioned Earthlings, so I watched that, and immediately afterwards I decided to be vegan for the animals.