Hey there :)

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
thebestofenergy
Master in Training
Diet: Vegan

Re: Hey there :)

Post by thebestofenergy »

brimstoneSalad wrote:
thebestofenergy wrote:About the video response, I think VA now has enough material for his 'stupid meat eater comments' serie to last a year or so. Some people are even saying that plants are sentient beings or that animals are not. Sometimes I feel hopeless.
Ooh, are you reading youtube comments?

I try not to do that. It's very demoralizing, how ignorant people are- it makes the task seem almost insurmountable.

Bu hey, all of us used to be ignorant putzes right?
There is hope, it's just very, very difficult. Rarely is anything worth doing easy, right?

Yes, you're right. But the fact that upsets me the most is when those type of comments get upvoted. I can't possibly have the time, nor the will, to read and respond to all of them; if I don't, it bothers me, but if I do, it's so demoralizing..
Do you think you can actually change someone else's mind with a couple of Youtube comments? It seems unlikely, but that's the only reason I sometimes argue there.
For evil to prevail, good people must stand aside and do nothing.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

You won't likely change the mind of the person making the comment. But somebody reading it might see your reply, and if he or she was on the fence about it, fall off the fence on the right side of the issue.

I would recommend using your time elsewhere, though, on forums. Youtube comments and replies aren't very visible.
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

thebestofenergy wrote:About the video response, I think VA now has enough material for his 'stupid meat eater comments' serie to last a year or so. Some people are even saying that plants are sentient beings or that animals are not. Sometimes I feel hopeless.
that was my same thought too when I started reading through the comment section. My new video is the perfect stupid comment creator.
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics