Hello everyone.

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
SakiMutou

Hello everyone.

Post by SakiMutou »

Since I'm new (As I should be since this is a new site...) I thought I'd introduce myself with the perimeters around the Vegan Atheists content.

I'm an agnostic-deist. I don't know if a God exists but I highly doubt it'd be the God of the Bible, or a God from any other man-made origin. If a God exists, it's obvious to me that he doesn't care about us. But that's if a God exists. I don't make the claim that he does. I'm simply saying 'I don't know'.

My favourite Agnostic speaker and author is Bart Ehrman. I loved many of his books including Forged and Misquoting Jesus. But to be fair, my favourite Theist speaker and author is James White. James White was partly the reason I left my original beliefs (Jehovah's Witness) to become a 'normal' Christian (Then later to an agnostic-deist.)

I love discussing Christianity, the Bible, the contradictions in the Bible, historical evidence against the Bible, the Apologetics who defend the Bible, etc.

Just thought I'd jot down my basic beliefs and passions. Thanks for reading!
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin
Diet: Vegan

Re: Hello everyone.

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

SakiMutou wrote:Since I'm new (As I should be since this is a new site...) I thought I'd introduce myself with the perimeters around the Vegan Atheists content.

I'm an agnostic-deist. I don't know if a God exists but I highly doubt it'd be the God of the Bible, or a God from any other man-made origin. If a God exists, it's obvious to me that he doesn't care about us. But that's if a God exists. I don't make the claim that he does. I'm simply saying 'I don't know'.

My favourite Agnostic speaker and author is Bart Ehrman. I loved many of his books including Forged and Misquoting Jesus. But to be fair, my favourite Theist speaker and author is James White. James White was partly the reason I left my original beliefs (Jehovah's Witness) to become a 'normal' Christian (Then later to an agnostic-deist.)

I love discussing Christianity, the Bible, the contradictions in the Bible, historical evidence against the Bible, the Apologetics who defend the Bible, etc.

Just thought I'd jot down my basic beliefs and passions. Thanks for reading!
Thanks for sharing.
Id love to pick your brain... perhaps you can start a forum post in "Atheist vs Theist Debates category.
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
Mr. Cat
Diet: Vegan

Post by Mr. Cat »

Hi! I'm new too. I'm a meat-eater (I used to be vegan though) and agnostic.
SakiMutou wrote: I'm an agnostic-deist. I don't know if a God exists but I highly doubt it'd be the God of the Bible, or a God from any other man-made origin. If a God exists, it's obvious to me that he doesn't care about us. But that's if a God exists. I don't make the claim that he does. I'm simply saying 'I don't know'
That part defines my beliefs 100% accurately.

My family is mainly christian (except me and one of my cousins) and I never told them that I don't believe in the existance of their God, but as a physics student I have debated a lot of things they say when we are at the table (Damn, some of them are the most close-minded people I've ever met).

Cheers!
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum
Diet: Ostrovegan

Post by Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

What do you think of the DPRK?