Hello from Maryland!!

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
avocadosarelife
Diet: Vegan

Re: Hello from Maryland!!

Post by avocadosarelife »

PsYcHo wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:07 pm
avocadosarelife wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:09 pm
PC and my 3DS mostly!
:D

I'm not a huge PC gamer (I did WOW for a bit, but had to give it up for work, and I like games you can beat.), but I do love my 3DS. Just the fact that you can close it at any point, and it picks up right back there has made it the best gaming system I've ever had.

Any recommendations on games? I'm an Rpg person, but I also love the Mario type games. I've just got into the Dragon Quest games, and thought those were well worth playing, much like the Bravely Default/Second (which were just FF remakes.)
Let's see...I don't own too many games for my 3DS but, I am a huge Ace Attorney fan. I recommend any of the Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney games. (I've only played the older ones that were for the DS). For some reason PW is under the RPG genre but its more of a visual novel type game to me. Since you said Mario, not sure if you've played these but I enjoyed Mario & Luigi Bowsers Inside Story (DS) and also Mario and Luigi Paper Jam (3DS).

Have you played any of the Fire Emblem games? I haven't played any of them, but I know its classified as an RPG.
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Re: Hello from Maryland!!

Post by PsYcHo »

avocadosarelife wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:49 pm I recommend any of the Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney games. (I've only played the older ones that were for the DS). For some reason PW is under the RPG genre but its more of a visual novel type game to me.
I'll have to check it out. I do like that you can play the regular ds games as well on the system. Graphics aren't a concern of mine as long as the gameplay is good.
avocadosarelife wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:49 pm
Since you said Mario, not sure if you've played these but I enjoyed Mario & Luigi Bowsers Inside Story (DS) and also Mario and Luigi Paper Jam (3DS).
Both great games. (I was actually considering re-playing Bowser's Inside Story.) The Yoshi's Island was a fun one i played recently,but a bit too easy, unless you're like me and have to get EVERYTHING in the game, then it's much more challenging. I was also surprised how much I liked Luigi's Mansion. You can't really go wrong with the Mario franchise.
avocadosarelife wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:49 pm Have you played any of the Fire Emblem games? I haven't played any of them, but I know its classified as an RPG.
I almost bought one, but I got the latest Dragon Quest instead, which got me into that franchise big-time. IT's turn based battles, which I like, and the two I played (8and7) were huge.

Fire Emblem may be the one I get next though.

If you like any of the Final Fantasy games, or just RPG's in general, I recommend Bravely Default. It's mostly just FF redone a bit, but a decent game.
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.