VA vs Kent Hovind?

wfatheist
Diet: Meat-Eater

VA vs Kent Hovind?

Post by wfatheist »

So, I accidentally went on a date with a Christian woman. Religion came up and I tried to leave because
I knew it wasn't going to work. She stopped me from leaving and promised it would be a civil conversation. (She lied)
She suggested that I looked up Kent Hovind and listen to what he said because he was brilliant.(She lied)

I did. I watched a video of him speaking and my head exploded. He said something about an asteroid freezing
everything in place when it hit. He also said that a lizard would turn into a triceratops if it lived for millions of years.
There are people listening to this and actually think this is acceptable. I don't want to be alive anymore.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: VA vs Kent Hovind?

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Sorry you had to go through that, I know the feeling.

How'd you accidentally go on a date with a Christian woman?
Did she hide her religion before the date, or was it a setup?
wfatheist

Post by wfatheist »

It was only accidental after I found out she was a Christian. Which wasn't until after we were on the date.
wfatheist

Post by wfatheist »

was this a joke? did she troll me or something? I'm trying to figure out if Kent Hovind's video is satyr or not.
PrincessPeach

Post by PrincessPeach »

"The evidence of religious vegetarianism in the early Christian community was so overwhelming that I was forced to consider why this was not one of the issues that divide Christians and Muslims in theology. Most Christians and most Muslims are not vegetarian and most people in both faiths would be startled by the suggestion that Jesus and the early Christians were staunch vegetarians."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kamran-pa ... 76141.html
Don't be a waste of molecules
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

wfatheist wrote: It was only accidental after I found out she was a Christian. Which wasn't until after we were on the date.
Right, but how did you only find out after you were on the date? How did you come to meet her and ask her out that you didn't find out her religion?
wfatheist wrote:was this a joke? did she troll me or something? I'm trying to figure out if Kent Hovind's video is satyr or not.
No, I'm sorry to say. As far as anybody can tell, Hovind is the real deal.

However, you could pretend to convert, and find out if she's trolling you.
wfatheist

Post by wfatheist »

brimstoneSalad wrote:
wfatheist wrote: It was only accidental after I found out she was a Christian. Which wasn't until after we were on the date.
Right, but how did you only find out after you were on the date? How did you come to meet her and ask her out that you didn't find out her religion?
wfatheist wrote:was this a joke? did she troll me or something? I'm trying to figure out if Kent Hovind's video is satyr or not.
No, I'm sorry to say. As far as anybody can tell, Hovind is the real deal.

However, you could pretend to convert, and find out if she's trolling you.
I met her at work. I never talk about being an atheist there because if anyone is religious I don't want conflicts to start. Yes, I already failure because we work together, but just in my defense she pursued me.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

wfatheist wrote: I met her at work. I never talk about being an atheist there because if anyone is religious I don't want conflicts to start. Yes, I already failure because we work together, but just in my defense she pursued me.
Ouch! Sounds like it's time to change jobs...
What do you do?
wfatheist

Post by wfatheist »

brimstoneSalad wrote:
wfatheist wrote: I met her at work. I never talk about being an atheist there because if anyone is religious I don't want conflicts to start. Yes, I already failure because we work together, but just in my defense she pursued me.
Ouch! Sounds like it's time to change jobs...
What do you do?
I work retail and no it's ok I just won't be going out on another date.