TheVeganAtheist Youtube Video Thumbnails Question

Do you think I should change my youtube thumbnail art?

Change it
100%
Leave it
No votes

Total votes: 2

TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin
Diet: Vegan

TheVeganAtheist Youtube Video Thumbnails Question

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

Question to all forum members, check out these two images and let me know which you prefer? Ive noticed that nearly all successful youtube channels (with 100k+ 1m+ subscribers) rarely have text inside their video thumbnail, let alone the name of the video itself. Thoughts? I would potentially change all my video thumbnails to reflect the content of the video.

** the new thumbnail images might be different (probably will) from what you see... this is more a proof of concept rather then exactly what they will look like. The amount of work required to change all the thumbnails should not be a factor in your decision ( i don't mind doing it if it will help my channel grow)

New:

Old:
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: TheVeganAtheist Youtube Video Thumbnails Question

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Sample bias, I think. You're just looking at successful channels, but a large reason people don't put text in the images is because it takes more time and effort to do so.

It you look at unsuccessful channels, I somehow doubt you will find that they put the titles of their videos in the images either.

I'd say don't worry about your old images. I'd also say, go ahead and keep following the convention you have been, since I don't think it makes much of a difference.

Unless you're considering putting boobs in the images... that would make a difference, but I'm not sure if it would attract the kind of audience you're looking for.
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Re: TheVeganAtheist Youtube Video Thumbnails Question

Post by PsYcHo »

If you think changing thumnails will bring more people to the site, by all means change it. If it works, Success! If not, Change it back! Really a win-win here.