VIDEO Suggestions / Requests

Anon0045
Diet: Vegan

Re: VIDEO Suggestions / Requests

Post by Anon0045 »

I'd love to more debunking of famous youtubers like TheAmazingAtheist and MrRepzion. It would be nice to have JaclynGlenn on your vegan video then. She's a vegetarian I believe, but now I'm not so sure she's even that anymore.
Volenta
Master in Training

Post by Volenta »

Anon0045 wrote:I'd love to more debunking of famous youtubers like TheAmazingAtheist and MrRepzion. It would be nice to have JaclynGlenn on your vegan video then. She's a vegetarian I believe, but now I'm not so sure she's even that anymore.
She recently stated she was. It also seems that she still cares about it. Not sure why she isn't a vegan though.
Anon0045

Post by Anon0045 »

Volenta wrote:She recently stated she was. It also seems that she still cares about it. Not sure why she isn't a vegan though.
Thanks.
Jana

Post by Jana »

TheVeganAtheist wrote:Have an idea for a great new video? Let me know here!

Possible Suggestions could include:
1) how to improve a current series
2) what video or topic you would like me to address
3) what you do or do not like about my current videos
4) anything else that comes to mind.
History of atheism is very interesting.
Jana
Volenta
Master in Training

Post by Volenta »

I love to see a video about your views on morality. A lot of people are moral relativists (maybe especially in the skeptical/scientific communities) and I can sometimes notice this by reading some comments. It seems that in your video's you're talking about objective morality—you're not presenting it as an opinion. I think you're right in doing so, but maybe it would be useful to explain this to the watchers, otherwise it may sound arrogant.

And besides, I'm not pretty sure myself what your ethical position/framework is.

Edit:
Now that I think of it: what about trying to back up claims you're making with scientific papers. Some people don't accept certain things you say (like capabilities to suffer, making decisions, having desires, ...). Referring to scientific papers can make it a much more confident case.
bobo0100

Post by bobo0100 »

Volenta wrote:I love to see a video about your views on morality. A lot of people are moral relativists (maybe especially in the skeptical/scientific communities) and I can sometimes notice this by reading some comments. It seems that in your video's you're talking about objective morality—you're not presenting it as an opinion. I think you're right in doing so, but maybe it would be useful to explain this to the watchers, otherwise it may sound arrogant.

And besides, I'm not pretty sure myself what your ethical position/framework is.
I love this idea. I don't think the moral ralitivity argument holds much water.
vegan: to exclude—as far as is practicable—all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for any purpose; and by extension, promotes the development and use of animal-free alternatives for the benefit of humans, animals and the environment.
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

Volenta wrote:I love to see a video about your views on morality. A lot of people are moral relativists (maybe especially in the skeptical/scientific communities) and I can sometimes notice this by reading some comments. It seems that in your video's you're talking about objective morality—you're not presenting it as an opinion. I think you're right in doing so, but maybe it would be useful to explain this to the watchers, otherwise it may sound arrogant.

Edit:
Now that I think of it: what about trying to back up claims you're making with scientific papers. Some people don't accept certain things you say (like capabilities to suffer, making decisions, having desires, ...). Referring to scientific papers can make it a much more confident case.
Great suggestions. I will think it over and see about adding it on the docket.
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
Kanade

Post by Kanade »

If you make a stupid vegan comments #2 i hope you'll tackle PETA next, their sensationalist methods and hypocritical treatment of euthanizing domestic animals in poor shelter conditions need to be criticized more by fellow animal rights advocates.
“I am in favor of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being.”
― Abraham Lincoln
Shadow Fox

Post by Shadow Fox »

Why not a vegan cooking series? Teach people how to cook something vegan that you do yourself at home?
We are all born Atheists, everyone of us. We are born without the Shackles of theism arresting our minds. It is not until we are poisoned by the fears and delusions of others that we become trapped in the psychopathic dream world of theism.
Shadow Fox

Post by Shadow Fox »

I got a BRILLIANT ONE VEGAN!

"stupid stuff people on my Internet Forums Say!"

I can be your STAR IDIOT!

Plus, it would further increase the memberage here for vegans and meat eaters and theists and atheists like.

Stupid stuff people say on my web forum.
....that is a better name I think.
We are all born Atheists, everyone of us. We are born without the Shackles of theism arresting our minds. It is not until we are poisoned by the fears and delusions of others that we become trapped in the psychopathic dream world of theism.