VIDEO Suggestions / Requests

Lightningman_42
Master in Training
Diet: Vegan

Re: VIDEO Suggestions / Requests

Post by Lightningman_42 »

TheVeganAtheist wrote:I am always open to making another video in that series, and If I can find suitable comments to address, I will make another. I found it hard though. The problem is that stupid comments made are easy to find. Its hard to find a self identified vegan AND a stupid comment.
So far I have emailed you two very stupid comments that were definitely from people who claimed to be vegan. How many more do you need for a complete video?
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil but because of those who look on and do nothing."
-Albert Einstein
Cirion Spellbinder
Master of the Forum

Post by Cirion Spellbinder »

I'd be interested in seeing you form your arguements for veganism and/or atheism in a presentation. As much as I do love to see you respond to the comments and arguements of others, I feel like my thoughts on veganism and atheism are very scattered and to have them in a video for reference would be awesome. Anyways, keep up the good work!
garrethdsouza

Post by garrethdsouza »

http://vegetarianfuture.blogspot.in/201 ... chard.html here's an article about Dawkins and Harris as well. Harris incidentally as far as i remember went back to pescetarian after vegetarian, saying he wasn't getting enough PROTEIN! Hoping you'll address them as well. It was great seeing u criticizing matt dillahunty so criticizing the four horsemen themselves would also be excellent! Get them to respond too.
Also taking on famous vegans like Francione. Eg here he suggests he has no clue why there are so many atheist vegans and goes on spouting some irrational nonsense somehow related to theism. He goes on to suggest that atheism requires FAITH and descends into deepak chopra-espue quantum mechanics claptrap of which he knows nothing about. http://teleperra.pbworks.com/w/page/242 ... 0francione
Of course there's a lot other woo that he's talked about that u could go further into like his absolute arguments.
“We are the cosmos made conscious and life is the means by which the universe understands itself.”

― Brian Cox
Volenta
Master in Training

Post by Volenta »

garrethdsouza wrote:http://vegetarianfuture.blogspot.in/201 ... chard.html here's an article about Dawkins and Harris as well. Harris incidentally as far as i remember went back to pescetarian after vegetarian, saying he wasn't getting enough PROTEIN! Hoping you'll address them as well. It was great seeing u criticizing matt dillahunty so criticizing the four horsemen themselves would also be excellent! Get them to respond too.
Sam Harris has got a lot of feedback about this from his readers, and recently has stated that he considers vegetarianism again (can't find the fragment now). He probably knows that if it's well-planned (although the protein issue is practically non-existing) it's perfectly healthy. He is aware of the ethical arguments for it, just like Dawkins is. In the case of Dawkins it's probably more of a motivation and convenience issue. There doesn't seem to be much to be arguing about.
garrethdsouza wrote:Also taking on famous vegans like Francione. Eg here he suggests he has no clue why there are so many atheist vegans and goes on spouting some irrational nonsense somehow related to theism. He goes on to suggest that atheism requires FAITH and descends into deepak chopra-espue quantum mechanics claptrap of which he knows nothing about. http://teleperra.pbworks.com/w/page/242 ... 0francione
Of course there's a lot other woo that he's talked about that u could go further into like his absolute arguments.
Yeah, we got some topics about him, which aren't particularly positive about him:
http://theveganatheist.com/forum/viewto ... f=11&t=309 (which leaded to here: http://theveganatheist.com/forum/viewto ... 311&p=3128)
http://theveganatheist.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=7&t=785
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Hi Garreth,

Thanks for the post. Like Volenta said, it's hard to argue with people who basically agree with your point but just don't follow through. It might not hurt to remind them and pick at a few of their more minor errors though. Maybe all four in one video (so that there'd be enough content).
garrethdsouza

Post by garrethdsouza »

Even Sagan sadly was a carnist despite saying things in favour of animal rights, same goes for Attenborough. Einstein on the other hand did change to vegetarian and his views have influenced many others, so considering that they are such influential figures change even in any direction towards less suffering might be great.
“We are the cosmos made conscious and life is the means by which the universe understands itself.”

― Brian Cox
Lightningman_42
Master in Training

What do you all think of the comment below? If TheVeganAtheist makes another SMEC video anytime soon, I would be happy to see him criticize the comment below. I understand he might not use this comment if it's too similar to previous comments, but perhaps it has something new worth criticizing. It's in the comment section (3 days old) of Bite Size Vegan's newest video "INCREDIBLE: How Many Animals Are Killed Every Year & How Little We Care" This is it:
Karel (3 days ago) wrote: "errr... where is all this compassion for animals coming from? I dont mean to be rude but this are animals. What if a single man got stucked in the forest in africa with full of lions and hyenas, some crocs and snakes, do you think they will show some compassion? First thing they are gonna see when they look at you is that you are food! Lets put it this way, what if the world filled with vegan people(no meat-eaters) comes to an age of starvation, where we ran out of trees, vegetables and fruits, at the end of the day, people are going to eat meat in order to survive. It has always been survival of the fittest. Yeah you can call me a heartless mothaf** but what do you call a crocodile that just chew on a young child that is still breathing and is desperately calling for help? Will you just say "aww poor child, ran into a wild animal. the animal doesnt think, it relies on instincts so croc forgiven". So seriously, F*** animals, they are food and will always be! It isnt cruel, it is just how life is. Get over it."
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil but because of those who look on and do nothing."
-Albert Einstein
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

ArmouredAbolitionist wrote:What do you all think of the comment below? If TheVeganAtheist makes another SMEC video anytime soon, I would be happy to see him criticize the comment below. I understand he might not use this comment if it's too similar to previous comments, but perhaps it has something new worth criticizing. It's in the comment section (3 days old) of Bite Size Vegan's newest video "INCREDIBLE: How Many Animals Are Killed Every Year & How Little We Care" This is it:
Karel (3 days ago) wrote: "errr... where is all this compassion for animals coming from? I dont mean to be rude but this are animals. What if a single man got stucked in the forest in africa with full of lions and hyenas, some crocs and snakes, do you think they will show some compassion? First thing they are gonna see when they look at you is that you are food! Lets put it this way, what if the world filled with vegan people(no meat-eaters) comes to an age of starvation, where we ran out of trees, vegetables and fruits, at the end of the day, people are going to eat meat in order to survive. It has always been survival of the fittest. Yeah you can call me a heartless mothaf** but what do you call a crocodile that just chew on a young child that is still breathing and is desperately calling for help? Will you just say "aww poor child, ran into a wild animal. the animal doesnt think, it relies on instincts so croc forgiven". So seriously, F*** animals, they are food and will always be! It isnt cruel, it is just how life is. Get over it."
do you have a link for where I can find that comment?
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
Lightningman_42
Master in Training

TheVeganAtheist wrote:Do you have a link for where I can find that comment?
I'm not sure what you mean. I can link you to the video itself...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcBJLpF1xFs

...but I don't know how to get you directly to the comment itself. YouTube comments always have the age (X days old) next to the commenter's name, but beyond that I'm not sure how to help you find it. If you're reading this post of mine on Sunday (5/31/2015), then Karel's comment will be 4 days old. I guess you can sort through the comments by "Newest First", scroll most of the way to the bottom, and look for the comment with "Karel 4 days ago" at the top.

Sorry I don't know how to link you to the comment directly. Maybe there's a way to do that...
-Albert Einstein
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

Thanks ArmouredAbolitionist, thats the info i needed to find the comment.
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics