VIDEO Suggestions / Requests

Volenta
Master in Training
Diet: Vegan

Re: VIDEO Suggestions / Requests

Post by Volenta »

When are you going to do some new 'Stupid [...]' videos again? I especially enjoy the meat eater ones. It has been quite some time now since your last ones.
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Post by miniboes »

Is there any part of your video creation process that you struggle with? I could help a bit with graphics and video editing. I am quite proficient with Sony Vegas and very much so with Photoshop.
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

Volenta wrote:When are you going to do some new 'Stupid [...]' videos again? I especially enjoy the meat eater ones. It has been quite some time now since your last ones.
I'm actually currently working on a video for that series. Should be out by next weekend.
Is there any part of your video creation process that you struggle with? I could help a bit with graphics and video editing. I am quite proficient with Sony Vegas and very much so with Photoshop.
Im not struggling with any part. Just have to find time. Ive been busy with things outside of youtube for the last few months. Will try and push out more content soon. Thanks for the offer
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
Fayrow

Post by Fayrow »

I'd like a web series that debunks obvious propaganda from corporations. For instance, this passage is from the Alltech blog. (Alltech is a huge company that makes most it's money from livestock cultivation methods and products).

Livestock producers are under attack. Activist groups like the Humane Society of the United States and PETA are actively working to erode public opinion of animal agriculture and meat, milk and egg consumption. Furthermore, they lobby for additional regulations that will drive up food prices. Similar efforts in Europe have resulted in higher food prices. However, consumer preferences have not changed. The end result is increased importation and a loss of food security.

Kay Johnson Smith, President of Animal Agriculture Alliance discussed this very real threat with me at the International Poultry Expo. Animal Agriculture Alliance works hard to ensure that consumers and legislators are provided with accurate and truthful information about animal agriculture.
http://www.alltech.com/blog/posts/anima ... allies-ipe

The Animal Agricultural Alliance actually has tax exempt status despite being an obvious shill for the meat industry. An iron triangle if I've ever seen one. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_trian ... _politics) Despite the name, they are actually not for the animals. It's like something out of 1984. To be fair, one thing I do like about this lobbying group is that they refuse to involve religion into the discussion. That's it though.

Notice how there's not even a story on this blog. It's all fear based and irrational. It also implies people can't be vegan or will never want to be so we're stuck eating animal products. The real kicker is the Fox News-esque "it happened in Europe".

This company also owns the brewery that makes Kentucky Bourbon Ale, which is how I heard about them. Beware. It's listed as vegan online.

As always, I am more than happy to help contribute in videos. It's a unilateral offer that will forever stand, and I understand that you give as many people a chance as possible which is cool.
My Youtube channels:

Personal sketch comedy channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCojlXN ... y25tH3Eg2w

Inside the Muddle, a weekly NFL sketch comedy show: https://www.youtube.com/user/InsideTheMuddle
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

interesting idea. Haven't thought about that before. I will mull it over. If you have more, please post it.
Campbell305
Diet: Meat-Eater

Post by Campbell305 »

I think a good idea for a video would be to look at the forum and pick a topic and give your opinion on it in a video. Doesn't have to be related to veganism or atheism just a one off discussion on a topic that caught your eye.
Lightningman_42
Master in Training

Post by Lightningman_42 »

TheVeganAtheist,
If I might ask, do you have enough comments for another "Stupid Vegan Comments" video? I sent you one about half a year ago, and hope it's sufficiently stupid. Maybe you'd like more recent comments. I think you've mentioned that stupid comments by vegans seem to be difficult to find...
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil but because of those who look on and do nothing."
-Albert Einstein
bobo0100

Post by bobo0100 »

I don't know if its been suggested before but I think it would be great if you made a "stupid new-aged comments" series. there is an abundance of; unfounded claims, pseudo science, and harmful concepts like faith healing, and antivacs. it is likely also going to present you the opportunity to dismiss the stereotype of newaged hippie vegan.
vegan: to exclude—as far as is practicable—all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for any purpose; and by extension, promotes the development and use of animal-free alternatives for the benefit of humans, animals and the environment.
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

ArmouredAbolitionist wrote:TheVeganAtheist,
If I might ask, do you have enough comments for another "Stupid Vegan Comments" video? I sent you one about half a year ago, and hope it's sufficiently stupid. Maybe you'd like more recent comments. I think you've mentioned that stupid comments by vegans seem to be difficult to find...
I am always open to making another video in that series, and If I can find suitable comments to address, I will make another. I found it hard though. The problem is that stupid comments made are easy to find. Its hard to find a self identified vegan AND a stupid comment.
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

bobo0100 wrote:I don't know if its been suggested before but I think it would be great if you made a "stupid new-aged comments" series. there is an abundance of; unfounded claims, pseudo science, and harmful concepts like faith healing, and antivacs. it is likely also going to present you the opportunity to dismiss the stereotype of newaged hippie vegan.
Excellent idea. That's honestly a series I haven't considered. I will have to keep my eye open for those comments and when I collect enough, I will create a video. Thanks for the suggestions. If you see any comments, send me a link.