STORE Suggestions / Requests

thebestofenergy
Master in Training
Diet: Vegan

Re: STORE Suggestions / Requests

Post by thebestofenergy »

brimstoneSalad wrote:*Cough*
Wow. Sneaky.
If you're living in a densely religious country, it wouldn't be a surprise to find your card smashed up or atleast scratched.
For evil to prevail, good people must stand aside and do nothing.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

thebestofenergy wrote: If you're living in a densely religious country, it wouldn't be a surprise to find your card smashed up or atleast scratched.
Yep. If you have an atheist bumper sticker, you will almost certainly get keyed.
You could also put a sticker that pointed to the damage, and said "the work of bigoted Christians", or "the work of Jesus' 'love'" or something like that. Or add a sticker that says "Jesus' love causes Christians to commit vandalism against cars with bumperstickers they don't agree with".

If your car gets keyed and you keep it as a badge of honor, make sure to hit it with some clear coat over the scratch, so it doesn't rust.
thebestofenergy
Master in Training

Post by thebestofenergy »

brimstoneSalad wrote:Yep. If you have an atheist bumper sticker, you will almost certainly get keyed.
brimstoneSalad wrote:If your car gets keyed and you keep it as a badge of honor, make sure to hit it with some clear coat over the scratch, so it doesn't rust.
It seems like you have some experience about this.. ;)
For evil to prevail, good people must stand aside and do nothing.
DDDx8

Post by DDDx8 »

Well, the thing with wearing shirts with the things you have on them is that since they are from a minority opinion you might have to defend your views a lot. I guess that is kinda the point. While I am capable of defending the things the merchandise say, I don't know, they are kinda blunt and not the kinda things I would say to defend my beliefs. I'm not saying that what you already have isn't good or anything just not my style. I guess my style is more indirectly supporting veganism and atheism through advocating critical thinking and specifying when I need to. Or humor, humor is always good to me. The main thing I use for veganism, which I know is pretty simple, is "If living things need not suffer, then they should not suffer". For me its a pretty powerful statement and usually reduces the other side to stupid shit like "but we are the top of the food chain" or "but in the bible..." But I don't know that might not be catchy enough I prefer more humorous stuff.

OH oh I got one "Why am I called a radical extremist? Because I use critical thinking and exercise compassion" kinda funny.

Or how about a funny acronym mocking peoples believes: "Trying to enslave a culture? Make sure they keep G.O.D in mind: Grovel, Obsess, Deceive" That ones kinda funny but maybe could be better with better word choice.

"I'd rather suffer from peoples ignorance then perpetuate suffering from ignorance" Not really a funny one but it's kinda powerful.

I don't know, just some ideas feel free to use what you like if you think people will like it and is good for the cause. If you like them I might try thinking of more.
To find the world of shoulds so one day others might not have to suffer like the people in the world now.
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

Thanks for the suggestions. Are those your own creation? I don't want to use copyright quotes.
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
CryoVirus

Post by CryoVirus »

how about bags? not like full gym bags but the small kind you can get at concerts, it should be lime green with your logo on it, as well as a witty comment, and its like, on one side is a religion comment while the other is a Vegan comment. you can hold a contest on youtube i guess to get a witty comment for each, the winners get to have their quote on the bag?http://www.seatsack.com/images/products ... yGreen.jpg <<<<not the color or design, just the bag type I'm talking about
~With a heart of Ice and an unbreakable Will, My soul is of the untouchable~

~CryoVirus 2012
DDDx8

Post by DDDx8 »

TheVeganAtheist wrote:Thanks for the suggestions. Are those your own creation? I don't want to use copyright quotes.
Well, I came up with them in my head but of course the ideas are not new. Like the radical extremist one I got the idea from a face book post I saw. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Just because I thought them up doesn't mean somebody else has not already came up with them and has claim on them but I doubt it. Haha last thing I would want is you getting sued for copy right infringement.
To find the world of shoulds so one day others might not have to suffer like the people in the world now.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

what happened to the water bottle cases and bumperstickers? They're not available anymore
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

RedAppleGP wrote:what happened to the water bottle cases and bumperstickers? They're not available anymore
The water bottles did not sell at all. Bumper stickers were never on the store. I have them for sale through Zazzle though:
http://www.zazzle.ca/vegantruth
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
12ebex

Post by 12ebex »

I'm just wondering if there were any plans to add a strappy type ladies t-shirt, I just find them more comfy.
Off-topic-sort-of? How about a combined atheist/vegan blurb on it? Anyone have nifty ideas what such a shirt could say?

Ohh thought of one 'I Dont Believe in Cheeses!' yeah I know it's sad..

Reposting as I had put it in the wrong section!