Stupid Meat Eater Comments - Need Ideas

TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin
Diet: Vegan

Stupid Meat Eater Comments - Need Ideas

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

Hi, Im planning to write up a script for a future episode of Stupid Meat Eater Comments and I need a candidate. In the past, I have critiqued a youtube comment from the comment section of a video, but I'd rather critique a video someone uploaded.

Anyone have some good candidates for what video I can critique?
Requirements:
1) A non-vegan/vegetarian making stupid comments regarding veganism or vegan related
2) not about Vegan Gains or directed to Vegan Gains
3) preferably more recent then something really old

If you have some suggestions, please send them my way. Thanks.
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Re: Stupid Meat Eater Comments - Need Ideas

Post by brimstoneSalad »

This is a great idea, you'll get many more views that way, and possibly engage some of that user's audience.

I'm not sure if there are any recent ones.

How about the Lierre Kieth and Crowder video? It's two years old, but it has a lot of views and people find it convincing.
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:56 pm This is a great idea, you'll get many more views that way, and possibly engage some of that user's audience.

I'm not sure if there are any recent ones.

How about the Lierre Kieth and Crowder video? It's two years old, but it has a lot of views and people find it convincing.
I will check that out for sure. Thanks for the suggestion. If anyone else comes up with any other ideas, please feel free to share the links.
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

Well, I did find this one video that was uploaded about a week ago. I was reluctant to send it to you, since it's from a very small channel, and the majority of the video consists of the person trying a vegan diet for a week, then adding a few words at the end. But with your newest video, I have a better feeling about it. I'll send it to you, but it may not be good enough for an entire video. Maybe we can compile a bunch of these small videos and tackle them all at once?

And Dillahunty hasn't responded yet, I'm guessing?
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Post by miniboes »

RedAppleGP wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:31 pmAnd Dillahunty hasn't responded yet, I'm guessing?
he responded in the comment section. We actually made a script then, and it may be useful still to make a video out of that.
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

miniboes wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:41 am
RedAppleGP wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:31 pmAnd Dillahunty hasn't responded yet, I'm guessing?
he responded in the comment section. We actually made a script then, and it may be useful still to make a video out of that.
Oh, I thought all he did was just say that TVA misrepresented the video, and then say he was off to do an interview cause he's just so important.

Anyways, which video did he leave a comment on so I can go find it? I know he made a few Tweets though.
-Leonardo da Vinci
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

RedAppleGP wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:11 pm
Oh, I thought all he did was just say that TVA misrepresented the video, and then say he was off to do an interview cause he's just so important.

Anyways, which video did he leave a comment on so I can go find it? I know he made a few Tweets though.
That's all I remember. But if he said more than that, when you find it can you post a screen shot?
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Post by miniboes »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:37 pm
RedAppleGP wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:11 pm

That's all I remember. But if he said more than that, when you find it can you post a screen shot?
It's all in the thread we wrote the letter in:
http://philosophicalvegan.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=579&start=160

It's all on that page. I'd copy them here but it says the images are too big.
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

Heh, so he has time to target creationists whose arguments he's heard before and already knows the answers to, but when he actually is challenged and doesn't know how to respond properly, he won't bother.

TVA has gotta make this video. Going through the comments of the first video, I saw one of his comments that had a link and nothing else, like "Here you go, asshole. I win."
I think brimstone addressed it?
-Leonardo da Vinci
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Post by miniboes »

RedAppleGP wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:14 pmTVA has gotta make this video. Going through the comments of the first video, I saw one of his comments that had a link and nothing else, like "Here you go, asshole. I win."
I think brimstone addressed it?
I have about 1/3rd of the letter already edited into video, so I could send that to TVA if he wants to make it
- David Frum