WEBSITE Suggestions / Requests

TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin
Diet: Vegan

WEBSITE Suggestions / Requests

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

Have an idea on how to make TheVeganAtheist.com a better website? Let me know what you think I should add!

1) Do you think I should add a resources menu item for useful links for vegans and atheists?
2) What about adding a menu item for Facebook, google + and twitter?
3) Any other suggestions on what other pages I could add or edit?
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
Neptual

Re: WEBSITE Suggestions / Requests

Post by Neptual »

I would love it if TheVeganAtheist website was more appealing to users on mobile devices, as I'm not always home and therefore when I reply to posts I usually do so on my phone.
She's beautiful...
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

dan1073 wrote:I would love it if TheVeganAtheist website was more appealing to users on mobile devices, as I'm not always home and therefore when I reply to posts I usually do so on my phone.
I initially had the site responsive, however I did not like how the site looked when it distorted to different sites. If there are others who would like the site responsive, I will consider doing it.
bobo0100

Post by bobo0100 »

i came to this website looking for your bio, i do however notice it is far from the purpose of this website. is there already somewhere i can find your bio?
vegan: to exclude—as far as is practicable—all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for any purpose; and by extension, promotes the development and use of animal-free alternatives for the benefit of humans, animals and the environment.
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

bobo0100 wrote:i came to this website looking for your bio, i do however notice it is far from the purpose of this website. is there already somewhere i can find your bio?
Hi, i have not disclosed my personal biography as I wish to remain anonymous as some of my views may cause me some trouble in the real world. If you have some personal questions, I may consider answering them. Send me a private message.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

TheVeganAtheist wrote: Hi, i have not disclosed my personal biography as I wish to remain anonymous as some of my views may cause me some trouble in the real world. If you have some personal questions, I may consider asking them. Send me a private message.
Amen to that.

A degree of anonymity allows a person to freely express his or herself without fear of reprisal.

Jaclyn Glenn gets a lot of shit from people who know her in "real life", I feel bad for her on that front, but at the same time she's strong and I'm sure she can take it- but she shouldn't have to. It's an unfortunate reality that people will hold your views against you, and people are eager to be offended by rationality.
bobo0100

Post by bobo0100 »

The anti-theist movement must be very different in America, I don't fell my life is in any way endangered or otherwise effected by my anti-theist stance.
vegan: to exclude—as far as is practicable—all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for any purpose; and by extension, promotes the development and use of animal-free alternatives for the benefit of humans, animals and the environment.
dinnermeal
Diet: Meat-Eater

Post by dinnermeal »

I don't know if this is possible, but make the maximum length and width for the profile pic bigger?
It's always October in Conneticut.
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

I don't know if this is possible, but make the maximum length and width for the profile pic bigger?
I really want this too.
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
Soycrates

Post by Soycrates »

bobo0100 wrote:The anti-theist movement must be very different in America, I don't fell my life is in any way endangered or otherwise effected by my anti-theist stance.
I feel the same way. Atheism will almost never get me into any trouble where I live. The most I'll experience is an in-law or distant relative quietly sneering at the thought of atheism while I'm in the room. There's no reason to believe that it will ever affect my job prospects or give me a negative public image, because there aren't enough people in either my career path or the same circles of my interests/hobbies that hold staunchly religious views. Sure, some older people in my country have some pretty wacky and aggressive thoughts and opinions about atheists, but they're usually never in a position of power over me.

It's too cold up here to storm the streets for religious persecution.