Bernie Sanders- Does He Have A Chance?

General philosophy message board for Discussion and debate on other philosophical issues not directly related to veganism. Metaphysics, religion, theist vs. atheist debates, politics, general science discussion, etc.
EquALLity
I am God
Diet: Vegan

Re: Bernie Sanders- Does He Have A Chance?

Post by EquALLity »

miniboes wrote:I will figuratively laugh my butt off if Trump gets elected.

I will also start lobbying to prioritize US refugees over all others.
So... :)
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

EquALLity wrote:Possibly the most beautiful and inspiring video ever.
Well there are some serious contentions to be made to that, since it's entirely subjective, and most people would probably just discard it as another generic presidential campaign ad (like me). Plus, there are other very inspiring things that exist that appeal to everyone, like Shia Lebeouf's Just Do It! Nike video.
EquALLity wrote:We could've had the best, and we got stuck with the worst. It's so... Agh.
Oh c'mon, it is kinda funny. It's not that big of a deal.

Tell me, what're your favourite Sanders policies?
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

RedAppleGP wrote:
EquALLity wrote:Possibly the most beautiful and inspiring video ever.
Well there are some serious contentions to be made to that, since it's entirely subjective, and most people would probably just discard it as another generic presidential campaign ad (like me). Plus, there are other very inspiring things that exist that appeal to everyone, like Shia Lebeouf's Just Do It! Nike video.
EquALLity wrote:We could've had the best, and we got stuck with the worst. It's so... Agh.
Oh c'mon, it is kinda funny. It's not that big of a deal.

Tell me, what're your favourite Sanders policies?
Yeah, I'm not surprised that you don't like it, because you know nothing about politics whatsoever didn't like Bernie Sanders even though you barely knew anything about him.

Yeah, I don't really think Trump winning is 'funny'. I actually care about America and the world, so watching it begin to bern burn is horrible.

My favorite policy was removing corporate bribes from politics.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

EquALLity wrote: Yeah, I'm not surprised that you don't like it, because you know nothing about politics whatsoever didn't like Bernie Sanders even though you barely knew anything about him.
Well you're right on that, I don't really know anything about politics, mainly because I don't care about them. I haven't formed a solid opinion on Bernie Sanders, but from what I've seen, he just appeals to the SJW crowd.
EquALLity wrote: Yeah, I don't really think Trump winning is 'funny'. I actually care about America and the world, so watching it begin to bern burn is horrible.
Well I don't really give a fuck about what happens, I just care about telling people what I think about what is currently happening.
Plus, let's bother giving Trump a chance first instead of assuming the worst.
EquALLity wrote: My favorite policy was removing corporate bribes from politics.
I said policies plural, but whatever.

Anyways, why are you being such a bitch to me? You either ignore me or respond with hostility. What did I personally do to you?
-Leonardo da Vinci
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

RedAppleGP wrote:Well you're right on that, I don't really know anything about politics, mainly because I don't care about them. I haven't formed a solid opinion on Bernie Sanders, but from what I've seen, he just appeals to the SJW crowd.
If you don't know anything about politics then you shouldn't debate about it as if you do. Just saying.

As for Bernie, he's criticized identity politics: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/bernie-sanders-democrats-identity-politics-231710
“It’s not good enough for someone to say, ‘I’m a woman! Vote for me!’” No, that’s not good enough. What we need is a woman who has the guts to stand up to Wall Street, to the insurance companies, to the drug companies, to the fossil fuel industry,” the Vermont independent senator and former Democratic presidential candidate said in a not-so-subtle rebuke to Hillary Clinton.
https://newrepublic.com/article/138921/bernie-sanders-meant-say-identity-politics
Sanders’s big finish: “One of the struggles that you’re going to be seeing in the Democratic Party is whether we go beyond identity politics.”
Bernie supports addressing the real issues in regards to race, sexuality, gender etc., but he doesn't support identity politics.
If you still think he's a "SJW", then I don't know what to tell you.
Well I don't really give a fuck about what happens, I just care about telling people what I think about what is currently happening.
You don't know about politics, and you don't care about it, but you like talking about it. How lovely.

You not giving a shit about the world isn't a good thing.
Plus, let's bother giving Trump a chance first instead of assuming the worst.
If you actually paid attention to what he's done so far, you'd know he is already proving how horrible he is.
I would explain it to you, but I really don't see the point, and you can easily look it up if you cared (which you DON'T).
Anyways, why are you being such a bitch to me? You either ignore me or respond with hostility. What did I personally do to you?
Because you're immature, you lie and troll, and you're generally an arrogant asshole.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

EquALLity wrote:If you don't know anything about politics then you shouldn't debate about it as if you do. Just saying.
I admit to not know, and I told you, I hate politics. I just like telling people what I think of them and the people who partake in them. 2 entirely different things.
EquALLity wrote:As for Bernie, he's criticized identity politics: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/bernie-sanders-democrats-identity-politics-231710
No clue what that is.
EquALLity wrote:Bernie supports addressing the real issues in regards to race, sexuality, gender etc., but he doesn't support identity politics.
If you still think he's a "SJW", then I don't know what to tell you.
I never called him an SJW (why'd you put that in quotes?), I just said he seems to pander to the SJW crowd. You're putting words in my mouth.
EquALLity wrote:You don't know about politics, and you don't care about it, but you like talking about it. How lovely.
As I've said, I just like to talk about what I think of them and the people who partake in them.
EquALLity wrote:You not giving a shit about the world isn't a good thing.
Unless you can provide me reasons to care, you're not going to convince me to start. I've stopped caring a long time ago, and honestly, I feel a lot less confined and more carefree.
EquALLity wrote:You not giving a shit about the world isn't a good thing.
Well, why should I care? It doesn't involve me, and it never has, and it never will. It's funny if you look from a distance and see how everything is slowly getting worse. That's not to say we can't improve, but honestly, I don't care if we do.
EquALLity wrote: If you actually paid attention to what he's done so far, you'd know he is already proving how horrible he is.
Better done is better than well said, if you're referring to the stuff he claimed.
He's not even the president yet. We don't know what he'll do. I mean, I don't care what he does, but I think he's worthy of a chance.
EquALLity wrote:I would explain it to you, but I really don't see the point, and you can easily look it up if you cared (which you DON'T).
I love how you're making it out as if I claim to care.
EquALLity wrote: Because you're immature,
Well fuck maturity! I like being immature.
And I'm not the one who is resorting to name calling, so who is really being immature?
EquALLity wrote:you lie and troll,
Oh c'mon, it can be kinda funny.
EquALLity wrote:and you're generally an arrogant asshole.
How?
-Leonardo da Vinci
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

^yeah, I'm not going to bother. Think whatever you want, there's no getting through to you.
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Post by miniboes »

EquALLity wrote:
miniboes wrote:I will figuratively laugh my butt off if Trump gets elected.

I will also start lobbying to prioritize US refugees over all others.
So... :)
The first part is false. The second part is not.
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

EquALLity wrote:^yeah, I'm not going to bother. Think whatever you want, there's no getting through to you.
Don't like to engage in a debate with me, eh?
-Leonardo da Vinci
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

RedAppleGP wrote:
EquALLity wrote:If you don't know anything about politics then you shouldn't debate about it as if you do. Just saying.
I admit to not know, and I told you, I hate politics. I just like telling people what I think of them and the people who partake in them. 2 entirely different things.
I have to agree with EquALLity here. Hating politics is one thing, but in order to talk about something you should aspire to know more about it.
Although, one thing EquALLity missed: talking about it and being corrected can be an important means of education. You can become right by being wrong and accepting correction. If you keep your mouth shut the wrong ideas just stay inside and never get corrected.

When we talk about the effects of expressing ideas, we have to look at both sides: propagation and correction, and which is stronger.
RedAppleGP wrote:I never called him an SJW (why'd you put that in quotes?), I just said he seems to pander to the SJW crowd. You're putting words in my mouth.
To be fair, Hillary did too, maybe more than Sanders in some ways. Remember when she said women who claim to have been raped have the right to be believed? Heard, sure, respected, sure, but there's this little thing called "innocent until proven guilty" which is only the foundation of the US justice system.
RedAppleGP wrote:He's not even the president yet. We don't know what he'll do. I mean, I don't care what he does, but I think he's worthy of a chance.
Correct, he hasn't appointed anybody yet even; he can't start that until he's sworn in. So far it's just words.
Scary words, but words.