Bernie Sanders- Does He Have A Chance?

General philosophy message board for Discussion and debate on other philosophical issues not directly related to veganism. Metaphysics, religion, theist vs. atheist debates, politics, general science discussion, etc.
EquALLity
I am God
Diet: Vegan

Re: Bernie Sanders- Does He Have A Chance?

Post by EquALLity »

Mike Pence's feigned indignation on behalf of police is unbearable.
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
Lightningman_42
Master in Training

Post by Lightningman_42 »

EquALLity wrote:Interesting that Tim Kaine has the red tie, and Mike Pence has the blue tie. Shouldn't it be the other way around? :P
During the presidential debate, Trump wore a blue tie and Clinton wore a red dress.
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil but because of those who look on and do nothing."
-Albert Einstein
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

Lightningman_42 wrote:
EquALLity wrote:Interesting that Tim Kaine has the red tie, and Mike Pence has the blue tie. Shouldn't it be the other way around? :P
During the presidential debate, Trump wore a blue tie and Clinton wore a red dress.
That's a pretty random thing to remember. :P
Hm, interesting.

Pence just said that the democrats are running an insult-driven campaign! :roll:
knot
Master in Training

Post by knot »

EquALLity wrote:
knot wrote:
brimstoneSalad wrote:
You'll have to paraphrase his argument, the sound quality was terrible and I could barely understand him. There's very little difference between the most liberal and most conservative judges who could be placed, if that's what he's saying. Trump is also pretty liberal, as far as Republicans go, if anything he'll push for bigger government.
He's saying both candidates are horrible and dangerous, but that Hillary is worse because she will choose supreme court judges who will change and undermine constitutional law for decades to come. I'm guessing that means the next president won't be able to undo those changes, but I don't really know how your system works
Ah, so right-wing-propaganda BS.

Seriously? He's worried about HILLARY'S Supreme Court Justices? :roll: What about the guy who wants to ban an entire religious group from the country? THAT'S not violating the Constitution? What about his opposition to personal freedoms, like abortion? Not violating the Constitution? What about that he wants to send back the children of undocumented immigrants who are born in America and supports torture "way worse than waterboarding"? Still not violating the Constitution?

No, it's Hillary we need to worry about. >.<
Having read his columns I think Sowell's reasoning is that it's hard to say what Trump intends to do because he flip-flops on every issue constantly, so there's a non-zero probability he could be a good president, even if just by chance. Otoh, Hillary already has a sordid track record in the political system of illegal/corrupt actions.
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

knot wrote:Having read his columns I think Sowell's reasoning is that it's hard to say what Trump intends to do because he flip-flops on every issue constantly, so there's a non-zero probability he could be a good president, even if just by chance. Otoh, Hillary already has a sordid track record in the political system of illegal/corrupt actions.
The fact that Trump is unpredictable shouldn't be framed as a good thing.
Yeah, he flip flops on every issue- so we know he has no real values.

There's a near non-existent chance that he'd be a good President. Even if you believe he is just pandering for votes about a lot of things, he just has NO experience being an elected official or with foreign affairs. He's just a bad businessman.

Interestingly, I was talking to my friend today, and he said it doesn't matter than Trump has no foreign policy experience or experience as a politician, because as a businessman he knows how to manage people.
Has everyone lost their minds? >.<

Trump didn't know Russia invaded the Ukraine. He knows nothing about the world. He's unpredictable and dangerous.

About Hillary Clinton, yeah, she does have a lot of shady stuff attached to her. The Clinton Foundation is shady, and so is the email issue. That's fair.

However, Trump is a lot more corrupt. The Trump Foundation is a lot worse than the Clinton foundation. At least the Clinton Foundation gives a considerable amount of money to charity and isn't just used for luxury. Money from the Trump Foundation went to purchase a portrait of Donald Trump.
In addition, the Trump Foundation conveniently donated to a woman who was going to investigate Trump University, and then tried to cover it up.
Trump thinks it's smart that he doesn't pay taxes. Not corrupt, SMART.

Hillary Clinton is corrupt like a typical politician. Trump is something else entirely.

However, I thought this was about the Supreme Court? There's no reason to believe Hillary Clinton's corruption will lead her to nominate Supreme Court justices who don't value the Constitution. The only candidate who has espoused unconstitutional ideas is, like I said, Donald Trump.
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

Oh my god. Does this guy ever stop?

An audio was just released of him talking about groping women he thinks are hot, which is apparently ok because he's a celebrity?
http://www.nbcnews.com/video/trump-on-video-making-lewd-remarks-about-women-781481027898

And then after that conversation on the bus, he asks her to hug him? Ew.
He's just disgusting.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

I wanna get back to when Sanders said that if you're white you don't know what it'says like to be poor?
I'm pretty sure Sanders said that to pander to the BLM movement. There have been studies that show that 95% of poor communities in the U.S. are white doninated.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
knot
Master in Training

Post by knot »

EquALLity wrote:Oh my god. Does this guy ever stop?

An audio was just released of him talking about groping women he thinks are hot, which is apparently ok because he's a celebrity?
http://www.nbcnews.com/video/trump-on-video-making-lewd-remarks-about-women-781481027898

He's just disgusting.
That's pretty much how all men talk about women when women aren't around :lol: ... though this is probably the extreme end of the spectrum. Wouldn't expect it from a 59-year old either, but Trump is probably the oldest living person to never grew up.

I like how those comments will be his downfall, and not all the crazy shit he's said about stopping free trade, using nukes or suspending NATO. Guy talk about pussy groping is much worse apparently :S
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Post by miniboes »

knot wrote:

He's just disgusting.
That's pretty much how all men talk about women when women aren't around :lol: ... though this is probably the extreme end of the spectrum. Wouldn't expect it from a 59-year old either, but Trump is probably the oldest living person to never grew up.

I like how those comments will be his downfall, and not all the crazy shit he's said about stopping free trade, using nukes or suspending NATO. Guy talk about pussy groping is much worse apparently :S
It's very symbolic of how weird modern democracies are.
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

knot wrote:

He's just disgusting.

Ok, maybe most men talk about how women look or whatever, but they don't talk about GROPING anyone. Groping someone is sexual assault.

I agree that people should care more about policy, but comments like this are relevant, because they show Donald Trump's character and views towards women.

I don't believe, unfortunately, that these comments will be his downfall. He can still win.
He made fun of people who are disabled and still won the republican primary... This isn't a regular election.