The Best and The Worst Theist Apologists?

General philosophy message board for Discussion and debate on other philosophical issues not directly related to veganism. Metaphysics, religion, theist vs. atheist debates, politics, general science discussion, etc.
Volenta
Master in Training
Diet: Vegan

Re: The Best and The Worst Theist Apologists?

Post by Volenta »

TheVeganAtheist wrote:He comes out with nearly identical arguments each time, and I've heard great counter arguments, yet he never addresses them.
Isn't that a problem with apologists in general? They always keep repeating the same (stupid) arguments over and over again. They probably think that the atheist side hasn't really addressed it well. Or they are lying, but of course they are never going to give in. I'd love to hear some new arguments though.
TheVeganAtheist wrote:He misuses quotes by others, and keeps using them even when caught.
It's always a problem when theists quote people that are in fact atheists and use it for their own side. It's a sign of weakness, and yet too many apologists do it.
TheVeganAtheist wrote:I can tell when other lesser known apologists regurgitate Craig, because his script is so similar each time.
Not sure what else he really can do. The arguments he puts forward are the big arguments from the theist side that are being used for a long time. Do these lesser known apologists have better arguments?
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin
Diet: Vegan

Re: The Best and The Worst Theist Apologists?

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

Volenta wrote: Do these lesser known apologists have better arguments?
no, but often i can hear that they ripe nearly word for word from Craig. You can hold similar views as another person, but to use word for word someone's entire argument as your own seems lazy.
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics