Do logic and reason say that God is our servant?

General philosophy message board for Discussion and debate on other philosophical issues not directly related to veganism. Metaphysics, religion, theist vs. atheist debates, politics, general science discussion, etc.
Greatest I am
Diet: Vegan

Post by Greatest I am »

https://biblehub.com/matthew/20-28.htm
Even as the Son of man came not to be served, but to serve,

At the end of the day, there is no physical or real supernatural God for us to follow. If there were, then logic and reason say that if such a God wanted to be relevant to man, he would show up.

All there can be are rules and laws that we think a God would give. Men have written up many such sets of rules while lying about being inspired by God. That is basically the moral of the Moses story with his coming off the mountain, not with a God, but with rules and laws.

Man is not slaved to his laws and rules and changes them as better ones are found. We, in effect, are evolving God, defined as rules and laws, and making him better.

All people accept this except for those in religions who idol worship the older barbaric Gods, whose laws are inferior to secular law. That would include the Christian and Muslim demiurges.

Faith closes the mind. It is pure idol worship. Faith is a way to quit using your, "God given" power of Reason and Logic, and cause the faithful to embrace doctrines that moral people reject.

The God of the OT says, “Come now, and let us reason together,” [Isaiah 1:18]

How can literalists reason on God when they must ignore reason and logic and discard them when turning into literalist?

Those who are literalists can only reply somewhat in the fashion that Martin Luther did.
“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.”
“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”

This attitude effectively kills all worthy communication that non-theists can have with theist. Faith closes their mind as it is pure idol worship.

Literalism is an evil practice that hides the true messages of myths. We cannot show our faith based friends that they are wrong through their faith colored glasses. Their faith also plugs their ears.

Do you serve God and the laws and rules of life, or do you expect the laws, rules of life and God to serve you?

Regards
DL
cornivore

Re: Do logic and reason say that God is our servant?

Post by cornivore »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:49 pm Do you serve God and the laws and rules of life, or do you expect the laws, rules of life and God to serve you?

We, in effect, are evolving God, defined as rules and laws, and making him better...
Which of those do you think is better? Has this evolved in your view?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

cornivore wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:51 am
Greatest I am wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:49 pm Do you serve God and the laws and rules of life, or do you expect the laws, rules of life and God to serve you?

We, in effect, are evolving God, defined as rules and laws, and making him better...
You do not like to make decisions.

I serve the best laws and rules, as the more Gnostic Jesus did. That is why Gnostic Christians name our gods, I am.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbes ... r_embedded

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGx4IlppSgU

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

cornivore wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:51 am [
If you mean god, yes.

If you mean the majority, no.

They are too stupid to listen to their intelligentsia.

We have gone from tribal stupidity with too many Chiefs and not enough Indians, to hive stupidity, with too many Chiefs and not enough Indians.

Proof that god has evolved is shown with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdtwTeBPYQA

Atheists are almost at Gnostic Christian levels now that they are creating atheist churches.

Regards
DL