Woman Thinks "Monster" Drink Is Satanic..

General philosophy message board for Discussion and debate on other philosophical issues not directly related to veganism. Metaphysics, religion, theist vs. atheist debates, politics, general science discussion, etc.
Red
Supporter
Supporter
Diet: Vegan

Woman Thinks "Monster" Drink Is Satanic..

Post by Red »

Now I don't drink "Monster" because it's one of the unhealthiest things for you, but that's beside the point. Anyways, this woman thinks that this beverage is "satanic", so let's look at the "evidence" here shall we? First, she starts off saying that the "M" isn't connected, and it says "666" in Hebrew. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but the number of the beast was actually 616 in Hebrew, before mistranslations. She then goes on to say that there's a cross in the "o".. oh the irony.. it's not supposed to be a cross, it just makes the name look cooler. After all, it is called Monster isn't it? And I'm sure they put that slash for a different reason. It's probably the font they were using, I dunno, but I'm sure it's not to incorporate Christianity! Then she hilariously assumes that it's swearing at Jesus or the Cross. But what BFC really means is "Big Fu**ing Can" and it's censored for the little ones.. Then she goes on about MILF, and i'm never doing a Google search for that again, but she claims that it's on the box. Again, correct me if I'm wrong, but Milf is actually an ingredient for the beverage, not the, shall we say, "genre". You can watch the rest here.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bntfUA6TmLs/ But she then states that if God can use product, so can (see what I did there) satan. Well first of all, I've never seen God himself through a product, and second, if satan is revealing himself through an energy drink, that's a pretty lame way to reveal yourself if you're Lord of the gosh darn underworld!!!!!! Well, what do you think?
Last edited by Red on Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
EquALLity
I am God

Re: Woman Thinks "Monster" Drink Is Satanic..

Post by EquALLity »

"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

so ridiculous. Ive even posted it on my Facebook to share with others.
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

RedAppleGP wrote:She then goes on to say that there's a cross in the "o".. oh the irony.. it's not supposed to be a cross, it just makes the name look cooler.
I don't think that's irony. It would be ironic if the company was a Christian company and they deliberately hid the cross in there as a sign of their faith in Jesus, and she took it to be evidence for the devil instead.
After all, it is called Monster isn't it? And I'm sure they put that slash for a different reason. It's probably the font they were using
Brands don't use extant fonts for their brand names; they're all drawn by artists.

Although yes, it's probably just there to make it look 'cool', on earlier iterations it may have been an eye (like a cat eye).
You'd have to look at the art production or earlier versions to see the origin.

Or it might be deliberate, to subtly proclaim Jesus as the lord and savior, and it might be ironic.
Then she goes on about MILF, and i'm never doing a Google search for that again, but she claims that it's on the box.
The box says MILFs love it. It's an acronym that comes from a comedy movie... I guess now it's an old movie. It was popular at the time.

In the TV version, it's "Mom I'd Like To Feel"; the movie uses more colorful language.
Again, correct me if I'm wrong, but Milf is actually an ingredient for the beverage, not the, shall we say, "genre".
Ingredient? Um, I don't think so.
That's not an ingredient.
if satan is revealing himself through an energy drink, that's a pretty lame way to reveal yourself if you're Lord of the gosh darn underworld!!!!!! Well, what do you think?
Christians see Satan as the deceiver, who reveals himself in subtle ways to trick people. So, according to that lore, it's the exact way Satan would reveal himself.

Mostly through things that are popular and appeal to children and teenagers. Harry Potter is a big one too.
Soycrates

Post by Soycrates »

Secret ingredient MILF! Haha. But no, MILF is a pretty common term for "Mother I'd Like To F***". If you need an example: Fountain's of Wayne's song Stacy's Mom.

Personally, I didn't really see the cross in the O. I mean, you could probably cover up some parts of the letter to make a cross, but since the line goes all the way through the O, it more resembles a tilted letter Ø. I don't think it's supposed to be a cross either, but that's not irony, that's just misinterpretation.

Even if the "Hebrew 666" thing was on purpose, I'd think it's kind of awesome to hide something like that on a can. However, it more likely just appears to be the company's attempt to make individual (and thus not touching) claw marks spell out the letter M.

But hey, congrats on her for doing her research and setting up such a nice little presentation. I'm still not going to drink Monster energy drinks, but that's because I don't like the taste. I prefer Rockstar energy drinks, but even then I can't even remember the last time I had an energy drink of any kind. Not for health reasons, just because I already have enough energy, and I like coffee.
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Post by miniboes »

RedAppleGP wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong here, but the number of the beast was actually 616 in Hebrew, before mistranslations.

The middle stripe is an Arabic numeral obviously, so it is 616 after all.
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
Volenta
Master in Training

Post by Volenta »

I don't really understand the hype around it. It isn't something that is exceptional for a theist to propose. I've come across many similar things throughout my life.
Neptual

Post by Neptual »

I give up on humanity.
537286563.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
She's beautiful...
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Post by miniboes »

dan1073 wrote:I give up on humanity.
537286563.png
You turned a frog instead? You know frogs aren't vegan right?
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
No1special

Post by No1special »

I hope the lady explaining monster energy drinks link to satan can explain a talking donkey, bush, and snake in the bible as we'll. Along with god needing inbreeding, animal sacrifice, child murder, slavery, and rape for his Devine plan... But if you think satan likes energy drinks the rest isn't that crazy. It is sad that a large majority of people belief in magic more than science and common sence